Sign in to follow this  
6pac

Do you think this will solve my problem?

This is the camera I have now:

Sony 1/3" CCD Super HAD

480 Lines

0 Lux IR Mode

3.6mm Auto-Iris Lens

56 IR LEDs

150' Illumination Range

This camera is in a dark parking lot that is about 2000 sq ft. It is lit with a 100w flourescent bulb which actually does a good job lighting up the parking lot. At night this color camera doesn't go into black and white mode with the ir leds lit. It records in color and at night you can't see much.

I am going to put a black and white KT&C KPC650BH with a 3.5 - 8mm Vari Focal DC Auto Iris C/CS Mount Lens. I haven't installed it but I hope it solves my problem. I will be converting to B/W as well since the other cameras are inside facing a wall of windows outside that are very well lit-- the reflections are not that bad.

Is this because the parking light is not dark enough to activate the ir leds but not bright enough to actually get a good night picture with a color camera?

Yes, thats what I would say also, but how far is the camera from the light source? And is the camera looking back into the light?If it is you might try to change where you have it mounted so the light doesn't shine right back into the lens.

The camera is on top of the 18ft roof on the left side. The light is in the middle of the roof 15 ft away from the left side camera. Both the light and the camera are pointed north on a square building.

The cameras inside are pointed to the front of the store (has ceiling to floor windows). Outside is lighted but the inside of the store is dark so reflections are not that bad. Plus cameras are 15 ft away from store front inside in the dark.