AVCONSULTING

Picasso Leaving U.S.?

I heard that Picasso gave up selling DVRs under their own name already.

They had a place set up in Texas and were at the ISC show and now a local source said they packed up and left and sold all of their inventory to Unix in Los Angeles. Anyone heard something about this?

Also same source said that General Solutions and Sunjin are on the outs.

Wonder what board General Solutions is going to use.

Has anyone definitely identified the board that Pelco is using for the DX-8000? I thought it was Picasso but now I heard that it is Kodicom. Wonder what they are really using.

Lot of churn going on in the DVR card industry.

From the product PDFs that General Solutions sent me, their products are Still Sijnon, but some are not. And Sujnon told me they are coming to the US in a couple days to try to find new distributors, dont know what that means.

To be honest, unless they lower their pricing, it makes more sense just to buy GE Kalatel DVRs, as their prices are not much different. One thing I have noticed that the Korean DVRs all lack one thing or another, between them. They all claim to have either 120pps or 240pps, but that is really only 30pps or 60pps in DVD quality which is the standard in the GE Kalatel and other brand's DVRs. In other words, the speeds they spec are in VCR quality. If they had better specs, or the prices were in the Everfocus range, then it would be worth it. To get good prices, you have to buy 100 of them from the manufacturer, and most small companies cant afford that.

GS and Sungin have been on the outs for some time. I don't think Pelco is using the Kodicom board. This would take a total rewrite of the drivers and software. Its possible because its still a capture board. Kodicom has over 50 OEM's, but I'm 99% sure Pelco is not one.

Picasso always sucked. Too bad Pelco didn't see that sooner. How about CQ Max?

GS should now shift to do everything themselves.