Niutek

DVR NUVICO NVDV3-4000

Hi Everyone:)

This is mine first time on this forum:) So, Hi to everyone:)

I have a question:

Has anyone changed HDD in NUVICO NVDV3-4000 to bigger one? I would like to do this and I want to be sure that it is going to work out. How should I do this?

Which HDDs are recommended?

Thanks for all advices:)

Chris

Chris, Nuvico has a customer service line that will answer your question about the hard drive. Some models are different. It would be better to go to the source for that information. If you can't find it, post and I will try to get it for you. I believe its in the manual.

Thanks for your info. I know that NUVICO has customer service line but they sent me to my distributor who wants over $100 for change the HDD and I have to pay for HDD:)

I was thinking that somebody has done this already.

My DVR is: NUVICO NVDV3-4250

Thanks for help.

Chris

That's too bad Niutek. I learned the hard way that Nuvico doesn't support dealers directly. It folds in an extra week or more to support customers.

Hopefully someone can help...

Normic

Changing a hard drive in a Nuvico DVR is easy. Open the case. There are two hdd bays. simply install the hd into one of these bays and plug in the cables supplied by nuvico in the dvr. the new hard drive should be set to either slave or cable select. turn the dvr on and go to the system menu. format both hdd's. you will lose all the video on the original hdd but you will now have more storage space.

Hope that helps.

Phil