redisol

Noisy CCTV video from CATV signal interference

Hi! I just finished installing 3 cameras to my new avtech 760 dvr in my home and noticed that the video from one of the cam is very noisy w/ lots of interference patterns.

I managed to trace the source to the catv signal which is connected to the same tv set I'm using as a monitor. The noise disappears whenever I disconnect the cable from the dvr to tv set or when I disconnect the catv cable.

Is there any way to fix this? I tried replacing the cable and connector from the DVR to the TV set and the noise is still there. Thanks

obviously the noise is being inducted via the cable/tv..........you can try to use a ground loop isolator or grounding all of the equipment to one ground. if it is GL you can block it. if it is a noise issue with the cable signal you can't. need to find the source and stop it.call the cable guy? most likely he won't have a clue as to how to isolate that noise? but it maybe worth the call

another trick is to use CAT5 with baluns with GL noise isolation between the DVR & tv?