I am having a problem with one of the cameras I am currently installing, the video showed up at first then became a very dark picture you can see the camera is still on but the image is so dark you cant tell what anything is. anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Peter

Hi Peter

First thoughts are lens!

Turn off the camera and remove the lens, switch the camera on, and move it from dark to light areas and see if the blank image on screen changes in density. If it does, and then remains constant for a few minutes when left pointing at a neutral 'grey', the chances are it's a lens 'iris' related problem;

As a final test, plug the lens back in (I'm assuming it's auto iris) but leave it off the camera (i.e. in your hand). As you point the working end of the camera at either a light or dark area, you should see the iris open or close accordingly.

If it is not working correctly, check the wiring, lens iris settings, and possibly also the power output if you are using an unknown power supply.

If that doesn't work, you're onto stage 2!!

Its not a removable lens its a bullet camera and i tried three differnt cameras, So its not the camera would it be Power maybe?

Peter

If you connect one camera to a monitor, does it work okay? If it doesn't, try another Power Supply Unit.

Are all three driven from the one PSU? What size is the power supply (actually what voltage are you on - output that is). What is the total current drain with all three cameras connected (you should find the figure in the tech. specs section of the manual). How long are the power supply (and video ) cables?

You may find there's voltage drop over the cable run, so if you've got a test meter, measure the output at the PSU, and then the voltage at the camera ends.

Fingers crossed