njbillt

web access without client side software

I want to be able to have several cameras (encoded?) and allow web access though a web page without having the viewer need to install client side interface. I am currently doing this by encoding with Windows Media Encoder which anyone can view through Windows Media Player embedded in my web page. Right now, my input device is a TV card tuned to an unused channel which I modulate my camera to. This also allows me to view my cam from any TV in my house as well. The only problem here is, I have only one input. Looking for a solution I stumbled upon the GV-250 Video Capture Card and I'm unclear if this would work for me. It says it encodes Wavelet, MPEG-4, Geo MPEG4, Geo MPEG4 (ASP), Geo H264. Can these be viewed over the web without propriety software installed on the client side? I am not trying to DVR these cams. Just looking for a multi input card. I would even be willing to run multiple instances of Window Media Encoder with different port access. This way, no switching is required. Simply view a different webpage with an embedded player looking for a different port. Any ideas appreciated.

Bill