What are the best cables to use for CCTV cameras. I would prefer to use one cable and send both power and signal down it.

I have used Cat5 as a test and it works but it is difficult to terminate well and the baluns are very expensive.

I have heard there is a cable known as shotgun cable which is coax with 2 strands for power. Any good?

Can i run a 240v a power cable in the same peice of (3" x 2") trunking as my cameras which are using coax or cat5??

I know you can get RG-59 with power cables, I have a big spool of it next to my desk. Our supplier was COPS USA, but what the industry term is, I don't know.

It's called Siamese cable when the power cable and the coax are bonded together. see http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?item=36959 for an example.

Frankly when I have costed out Siamese vs coax and 18/2 the per foot cost for siamese is always higher.

Why do you need to bring power all the way back to the monitor. Can't you find a local power source (I don't know if you are running 20 feet or 500 feet but a shorter cable means no power drop issues)

RG-59 is good to about 750 ft and then you will need to swithc to bigger RG-6. Just make sure is is pure copper center conductor (not copper coated steel) with 95% braid shielding (not foil).

If you use the other type of cable (meant for RF) your signal suffers.