grooster

Viewing my CCTV on Pocket PC.

Hi,

I've just set up a dvr card in my pc and can view the cameras remotely on a pc using internet explorer. It downloads a programme called webview.

I'm looking at trying to view the camera on my window mobile pocket pc.

When i type the ip address in it says i need to install webview software but when it tries to install it says it will not work on a pocket pc.

Has anybody come accross this problem. Is there a way around it or another programme that will work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

they need either:

1-Java Based Viewer

2-JavaScript Image Push Viewer

3-Client Software for Pocket PC

Basically if they dont offer either of these, you will not be able to view the video on your pocket PC. Many DVRs will advertise whether they have a viewer or method available for the Pocket PC/PDA.

Thanks for getting back to me with the info. What if I get a remote desktop programme for my pocket pc so that I can view my home desktop. Does anybody know if i will be able to log into my dvr pgrogramme and view it that way.

Cheers

You will but you need to turn overlay off, v8 has a specific option for RDP users. Not nearly as bandwidth friendly, should be done over LAN.

Is it possible just to get a new software programme to work with my dvr card that would enable me to get the pocket pc to work or is it the dvr card that i would need to change.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but i'm new to this.

Thanks for your help.