dsly1

Kalatel DVMRE CT 16

Hi all,

I have a client with 3 DVMRE 16CT units at one site and they have all developed the following problem.

Video out port A on the units started failing about 3 weeks ago and we then took the video feed from port B.

Between Sunday and yesterday port B on all three DVRs failed. We are able to connect via wavereader so we know that the DVR’s are functional with the exception of the onboard video output ports.

We have had similar problems before with other client’s units and they were sent back under warranty. On the report it stated firmware upgraded and reloaded.

I would like to try and reload the most recent firmware. So I need the file with instructions to reload same as a first option before considering sending them back.

These units are less than 1 year old and therefore covered under warranty, however, since we are in South America the shipping cost is significant.

Did you try contacting GE's tech support? Flash upgrading a DVMRE is not difficult, however it is critical to have the correct version for the unit. They may even be able to do it remotely (assuming your DVR's are accessible over the Internet).

If they arent on a Voltage regulator, they are probably damaged physically.

I had the same thing with a StoreSafe here where the client just would not buy a VR. He hasnt lost the monitor outputs but he has lost channels 14 and 16.

But basically without a VR you are open to all kinds of power problems.

how hot is the enviroment that the dvrs are in ? heat really messes with them if its much over a certain threshold.

Where did you hear that? I have some still installed in some of the hottest locations here in the bahamas .. those things just run non stop ..

Heck i got the Kalatel 16 channel mux here in my appartment now and its left powered on in the day while im out, and lets just say .. its reeaally hot in my appt without A/C!

The hard drives will go before anything else ..

how hot is the enviroment that the dvrs are in ? heat really messes with them if its much over a certain threshold.

Where did you hear that? I have some still installed in some of the hottest locations here in the bahamas .. those things just run non stop ..

Heck i got the Kalatel 16 channel mux here in my appartment now and its left powered on in the day while im out, and lets just say .. its reeaally hot in my appt without A/C!

The enviromental max temp is 104 degrees F. or 40 C. as per user manual for the cbr-10cdt/cbr-16cdt/cbr-16mdt

The enviromental max temp is 104 degrees F. or 40 C. as per user manual for the cbr-10cdt/cbr-16cdt/cbr-16mdt

they just dont want you to stick it in an oven . .. they work in much more heat than that