deserteaglexxx

Help with outdoor cameras

I am trying to setup a system to moniter my driveway and swimming pool I would like to get cameras with the best picture quality possible. I would like them to be PTZ the swimming pool sits about 30 yards from the house I want to be able to recognize people at the pool. Not much light at night. What would anyone recommend. I was looking at the ICR 3600 Thanks for any help. The DVR will be a ICR pro.

I am trying to setup a system to moniter my driveway and swimming pool I would like to get cameras with the best picture quality possible. I would like them to be PTZ the swimming pool sits about 30 yards from the house I want to be able to recognize people at the pool. Not much light at night. What would anyone recommend. I was looking at the ICR 3600 Thanks for any help. The DVR will be a ICR pro.

Why would you want PTZ's? You realize that someone will have to be there to aim and zoom them? Also, PTZ cameras tend to be very expensive compared to fixed cameras (often 10x or more).

Go megapixel and save some $

Otherwise you'll spend more or about the same on a PTZ that will never be pointed at the right place at the right time. With good mounting 1 good megapixel cam can give facial ID for a very large area.

Also since they are fixed cameras the tiny motors and gears in a PTZ won't fail.

IQeye Sentinel Series and domes does anyone know anything about these I do like the idea of megapixel cameras this is the quality I'm looking for. Who else makes good cameras money is not a big factor I'm looking for a high quality camera system. Thanks

Another manufacturer of megapixel--and more--cameras is StarDot Technology. They have up to 3Mpixel IP cameras, and a new "hybrid" camera (IP and composite output).

I have several of their Express6 video servers and find them to be very very well-designed and very feature-ladened. Customer support responsiveness is top-notch too, and the servers are rock-solid stable.

The big seller for me: they have several live demos available on their website so you can preview the actual products before deciding whether to purchase.

you can choose A day Night camera and one set Pan Tilt Zoom scaling loader, not a high speed dome camera, This would be cheaper and useful

images.jpg.d50a31577d1a5b8bb4147b46fc08feee.jpg

I recommend 2-3 Arecont 2100M AI cameras that have been modded by removing the hot mirror. Add a fast PC ans Luxriot a few MP lenses out to maybe 13 mm and you have a good package. Add a 300 LED array for 60 degree flood and a 16 LED 3 degree pointed at tour high value interest. They will lught up the place like noonday in the hot sun. Try DERWENT UF 500 - 940nm at 60 deg and Microlight M-16 at 3 degrees.

I recommend 2-3 Arecont 2100M AI cameras that have been modded by removing the hot mirror. Add a fast PC ans Luxriot a few MP lenses out to maybe 13 mm and you have a good package. Add a 300 LED array for 60 degree flood and a 16 LED 3 degree pointed at tour high value interest. They will lught up the place like noonday in the hot sun. Try DERWENT UF 500 - 940nm at 60 deg and Microlight M-16 at 3 degrees.

Don't forget the separate GB network and the PSU for the UF500. 13mm lens wont give them much of a general view though (too narrow), they should just get some CCTV cameras with 4mm lenses then add just 1 Megapixel IP camera if anything.

Here is the link for that Arecont camera:

http://www.arecontvision.com/products_2100.html

(the digital zoom on this one is not as good as a PTZ though in Live video)

Edit: I imagine the OP got this straight since July.