Sign in to follow this  
zmxtech

axis 207 series lens

hi folks

I have a question on the axis 207 series -can the lens be replaced with a

larger "zoom"? say 8 or 12 mm to get tighter shots

z

the lense rotation friction is done with a piece of fine cloth and the are no "stops" to keep you from screwing it in/out too far which can result in breaking the front bezel or unscrewing all the way out. the cloth thing is also very "technical"...if that cloth creates a too tight of friction, you can unscrew the lense assembly thinking you are adjusting the focus.

all in all it is a nice pic/cam for the money spent. Yes, I did all of the above in under 24 hours and Axis was awesome in replacing them. Maybe I was too much of a jarhead when testing them but then again if it is not Marine proof you may as well try again

first one I broke actually had the cloth blocking the cam view.had to try to get it out and when I unscrewed the lense the complete lense assembly fell into my lap...&^$#^(*&*%%$

second one I broke the bezel when I tried to focus it. out of the box it was out of focus and when I turned the bezel twice the bezel broke just like that.*&^%$#%&*

third one I pretty much figured out without screwing it up and it is still working great, off-site recording 3000 miles away in Idaho. great audio too!

hold the applause............

Axis was extremley forgiving with me and my "Monday"

i suppose you can but my expierance with wide angle lenses is that they distort and have focus issues..unless you spend big bucks for a decent lense. contact Axis and ask them what they recommend.

be careful..............they are not Marine proof