Sign in to follow this  
zhaq

AVTech 785 cannot be accessed from Internet

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to set up AVC 785 system for remote viewing. Settings on DVR are:

Server IP: 192.168.1.100

Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (router's ip)

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Web port: 8554 (trying random ports from 1-9999 range; tried 8778 8338...)

Static IP - checked

The router is D-Link DSL-584T (got it from ISP). I forwarded the port 8554 correctly (ISP provided explanation about it).

When I type IP:8554 in the browser (both Firefox and IE), I get "web page cannot be displayed". I can normally access DVR locally by typing 192.168.1.100:8554.. I tried putting .100 in DMZ, but still nothing..

Any help is appreciated..

Don't know if I can help, but here are some thoughts. Did you port forward TCP, UDP or both? Did you reboot the router after making the changes? Is there an option on the AVTEC 785 to disable uPNP since you are setting up a static route?

Andy

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to set up AVC 785 system for remote viewing. Settings on DVR are:

Server IP: 192.168.1.100

Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (router's ip)

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Web port: 8554 (trying random ports from 1-9999 range; tried 8778 8338...)

Static IP - checked

The router is D-Link DSL-584T (got it from ISP). I forwarded the port 8554 correctly (ISP provided explanation about it).

When I type IP:8554 in the browser (both Firefox and IE), I get "web page cannot be displayed". I can normally access DVR locally by typing 192.168.1.100:8554.. I tried putting .100 in DMZ, but still nothing..

Any help is appreciated..

Check with your ISP. some ISP do port blocking on certain ports. Some does it on all ports (which basically make it impossible get around using their service unless u are willing to explore vpn tunnling, etc).

Thanks for response.

This morning remote viewing started working without anyone doing any work about the whole thing.. Maybe router needs "hard" reboot (power off / on; the router was off during the night)? I did click on "save and reboot" after any changes in configuration that required reboot.. Strange..

Anyway, now there's a new problem.. How to view it via 3G (trying on Nokia N70, opera and builtin browser)? I tried IP and dyndns account, can't access anything..

Another strange thing, I can only access the site via IE, not firefox.. Java is enabled in FF..

Thanks for response.

This morning remote viewing started working without anyone doing any work about the whole thing.. Maybe router needs "hard" reboot (power off / on; the router was off during the night)? I did click on "save and reboot" after any changes in configuration that required reboot.. Strange..

Anyway, now there's a new problem.. How to view it via 3G (trying on Nokia N70, opera and builtin browser)? I tried IP and dyndns account, can't access anything..

Yes, some routers required hard reboot after reconfiguring. We encounter a couple of linksys that doesn't work after configuration, but once after power off/on, it works.

Nice to know for the future, I thought the router was malfunctioning.. Thanks..

Any suggestions for 3G?