bfort

cctv distrubution throughout the home help needed

hello i am a total newbee at this cctv stuff i have the 4 cameras set up and the dvr working but i would like to be able to distribute the live camera feeds to all of the tvs in the house. i have directv satelite. how do i go about doing this? now remember im a newbee so treat me as if im 5 years old when you explaine

thanks in advance

b40

Cheapest and easiest way is to get a Video Distribution Amplifier. I have the same design at my home. I take it directly from my Avermedia DVR, then feed 3 TV's in the house from it. I don't like to mention it, but I bought it for $20 on E**Y. Pelco, American made at that. 2 years going strong. Just run your rg59 from this Amplifier to each TV you wish to view on. Make sure your TV's have a secondary AV input. Total cost to send my signal from my DVR to 3 TV's in the house ... around $40.

another option is to use a modulator and insert your spot monitor output into your cable/sat cable. using a diplexor (radio shack) you can use the same cable to run both signals. diplexor takes a sta signal and a modulated signal and transmits them both down one cable. a diplexor at both ends allows you to insert and seperate. at the TV side you would continue the sat signal to the rceiver and the modulated to the TV input.

there are more expensive ways to combine modulated signals into cable & sat systems...........ie. your can insert the video and then insert into cable channels to view.

I try to avoid more cables as it gets old woking on houses.they are hard to rewire.

thanks for the reply guys! sorry if im not getting it right away.

now running new cable is out of the question so i would assume to go with the diplexor route?

ok here is the exact setup i have.

directv dish = all cables run into the attic from the dish and then split from there to each room even the garage.

a tv, directv box, dvr and all of the camera feeds are located in the garage, so it is getting one of the split feeds from the sat.

now the question is.......is it possible to send the dvr/ camera feeds back into the same line that is coming from the sat split feed? and how to go about seeing that feed on all of the tvs in the house?

thanks

brett