kdberg

Quality of Various Dome Cameras?

I'm looking for opinions on the quality (vs cost) of high resolution color dome cameras. Can someone who has used the various brands give their opinion on the various Pelco camclosue and other fixed dome models vs Kalatel or Sanyo or... Primary application is indoor with good lighting. A couple of the cameras will face entry / exit doors so there will be some back lighting concern for these. All of the cameras will be hooked up to a Kalatel DVR, and will be primarily monitored with WareReader.

well entry exit definately cut out the dome and use a Wide Dynamic Traditional Camera. Otherwise Sanyo has some good back lighint settings for a Color Dome and it is low priced.

Kalatel has some good high quality domes, expensive though. Ganz from what I have heard also good high quallity. Sanyo Domes are good also, lower priced than the Kalatel & Ganz but still high quality. Provideo has some low priced domes, good quality, long lasting.

As far as the DVR, brand of dome does not matter much. I personaly use Kalatel DVRs myself, and sell either Kalatel Domes for higher end, or Provideo for lower end. When I say lower end they are still good, just cheaper priced. Quality of color is better on the Kalatel Though, BUT, is not good for an entry door. They have no back lighting settings at all. Sanyo on the other hand has back lighting settings on their Domes, Ganz also I think, Sanyo being the least expensive, and Provideo being even less expensive.

Honestly I wont do anymore entry/exit using Domes at this time, until I get my hands on a good Wide Dynamic Dome, for now I use the UltraView Kalatel Wide Dynamic Camera, or any other high range wide dynamic camera.

Rory