apachepunjabi

DVR Remote Viewing with Dynamic IP

Hi, i just got this sytem and i have been going crazy trying to put it together... Everytin works so far, the pictures comes up on the screen connected properly. Im having trouble viewing it remotely. There is a program that came with the DVR that instaled on my comp, Video Server E. Now i got a DYNDNS account and got the webpage up and everytin, however, nuttin works! i have a dsl connection with a westyll router. Now what i dont understand is how to set things up? Should i jus screw the program and try to set things up directly in the DVR? In the program it asks me for DNS, now what do i put in there? theres a standard one in there already, but it doesnt work. Please Help me!!! Im using a kworld DVR.

You need to forward your ports on your router to view the video....even with the remote software. Check your router's documentation to see how to do it. Also, the dvr needs to have the DynDns account enabled. Usually its pretty straight forward. Did your DVR card come with a users guide?

General Error

In order to try to prevent spammers, we do not allow our users to post URLs or enter personal data into their profile until they have posted at least 5 legitimate posts and have been with us for more than 10 days. We appreciate your understanding in this matter in order to help us eliminate spam from this forum. If you have somehow gotten this message even though you meet both of the criteria, please let us know ASAP.

yes, it's broken

Another item to check is to make sure that the routers and windows firewall will allow you to peer thru the ports that you are forwarding.