billinohio

commercial dvr/video server and highest resolution cameras

we are looking for a dvr/camera system, budget is not a concern. what we heed is the ability to atleast have 16 cameras, cameras must be high quality maybe color with low light(night viewing) i cann not stress that costs is not an issue, but performance is. the camera system must be able to detect video motion, we would like a commercial unit for the recording processes. must be able to look at video over ip/network. ptz camera capable. must have outputs to trigger events like buzzers and camera call ups. we will also integrate the lighting system into this using a touch panel system, also auto lighting control using a logic ocntroller. we need a long run. approximately 3000' this must be stable and able to be 100% efeective and not trigger the video motion detection on the dvr recorder/server. any ideas on this? again the highest possible camera resolution is required. also dvr must have prerecord and goto high resolution or camera call up whe motion is detected

Hello BillinOhio Welcome to the forum.

I took the liberty of deleting the other duplicate posts you made so that it would be easier for readers to answer and follow.

I know a very good supplier of DVRs and related CCTV equipment in Ohio.

Check him out at http://www.avalonsg.com/

The owner is Jason Szuch and he really knows his stuff when it comes to DVRs. I think he can help you out or if he doesn't have what you need can send you in the right direction.

Alan Adler

You would need to consider using fibre optic cable for runs of that length, not the cheapes option but at least it is free from any interference that may affect pixel movement.

You need to purchase cameras witha good Signal to Noise Ratio so that you do not have similar problems. I would strongly recommend Ganz or Pelco for high quality cameras or if your budget will allow it Ikigami is about the best I have seen, anything that is Japanese is pretty good.

As for the recording options, they are many, Geovision is the best PC based DVR I have seen and there have been a few raps for the Kalatel standalone DVR on this forum, however I am yet to test it. If you want great features then Geovisoon is the option you need, howver if you want really good quality images you can not go past the Dallmeier units as they are not only Linux but give THE best images I have seen.

I would suggest you have a look at several products and then post on here and we will be able to help you with decisions.

Hope this helped,

we are looking for a dvr/camera system, budget is not a concern. what we heed is the ability to atleast have 16 cameras, cameras must be high quality maybe color with low light(night viewing) i cann not stress that costs is not an issue, but performance is. the camera system must be able to detect video motion, we would like a commercial unit for the recording processes. must be able to look at video over ip/network. ptz camera capable. must have outputs to trigger events like buzzers and camera call ups. we will also integrate the lighting system into this using a touch panel system, also auto lighting control using a logic ocntroller. we need a long run. approximately 3000' this must be stable and able to be 100% efeective and not trigger the video motion detection on the dvr recorder/server. any ideas on this? again the highest possible camera resolution is required. also dvr must have prerecord and goto high resolution or camera call up whe motion is detected

Hi

Id recommend the GE Interlogix (Kalatel) DVMRe, if cost is not an issue.

They have tons of features, are Triplex, and should do everything you want.

Quote from my files:

"This multichannel recorder adds Triplex capability: Watch live and playback images while it records. Display multiscreen views on two monitors. Search for recordings with motion in a target area. Four optional internal hard drives provide additional storage.

An embedded operating system ensures your recorder’s working when you need it. DVMRe digital recorders use an embedded operating system. The result? Your digital recorder won’t be prone to system crashes like PC-based recorders: It will deliver continuous, reliable performance. And the stored video that’s so important to protecting your facility is safer from worms and viruses.

Viewing software lets you access your recordings while at home or on the road. With the WaveReader software, you can connect to any DVRMe digital recorder in your network to view live or recorded images. Or connect using a modem. WaveReader opens your recorders to users who need access to them, and it enables you to check in on the business while you’re at home or on the road. "

Size goes up to 1TB (1000GB), with optional acrhiving to rack mountable digital Storage Devices that can hold 2TB each, so yo ucan record for as long as you like (or can afford).

More infor can be found here:

http://www.geindustrial.com/cwc/products/ge-interlogix?pnlid=9&famid=63&catid=1088&id=DVMRe_Triple&lang=en_US

For cameras that distance, Fiver would be the best, Kalatel also has dual transmission cameras, called Cam Plus, they are new:

http://www.geindustrial.com/cwc/products/ge-interlogix?pnlid=9&famid=63&catid=1083&id=CamPlus&lang=en_US

And for PTZ Cameras:

http://www.geindustrial.com/ge-interlogix/kalatel/prd_dome_cam.html

Rory