peten2359

Wireless for 4 cameras?

I have a situation(don't we all lol). Where I'd like to install 4 cameras in a section where power is available but crossing the coax over to the main buildings presents a challenge. The good news is I can get close to the main building for transmitting. What are my best options with wireless since I'm using 4 ch's. Is getting a 4ch baluns and a wireless router a good idea, assuming I can convert it back for the dvr or can I buy a 4 ch xmitter receiver note: I don't what to be scanninng the cameras i want each camera on its own ch at the dvr.

Thanks

What is the distance from point to point?

License free freqs are 2.4, and 5.8. I would avoid the 2.4 as this is on the same freq with 802.11X. You may interfere with your wireless computers, or they will interfere with your cameras. If wireless 802.11X is not a problem then feel free to use this freq. Anticipate someone else setting up a wireless system later on that may interfere with you.

There are cheap cameras with built in transmitters (xmtrs). These will be rated at something like 300 feet line of sight. You will not get 300 feet line of sight so expect shorter distances. These work as they say. Line of sight. If the antennas cannot see each other than you will have to move the rcvr, and the xmtr closer together. This will be the case where the rcvr is in side of a building, and the xmtr is outside.

You will have to test this in your environment to see if they work.

Do do this professionally you will have to spend about $1000 per camera for each wireless system (rcvr/xmtr).

You will want to use antennas that are pointed from the rcvr to the antenna at the xmtr.

Do not buy kits from say like matco where you have to provide your own heatsink, case, and mounting equipment. Spend the money, and buy premade everything.

If you buy high wattage xmtr/rcvr packages beware that some run very, very hot!!!!! You will need enclosures that have good air flow. you will need to add extra heat sinks to cool them better. You will need to use fans to push/pull the air. They have brass airfilters that are great for outdoor enclosures.

You may want to PM Cachecreekcctv

http://www.cctvforum.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1543

He is a pro at building outdoor nema 4 enclosures with DVRs, and cooling systems.

I would use wire overhead to get to where I need to go. You can put up your own 4X4 post, and you can screw in eye bolts. You can connect the wire from pole to pole. Do not use the wire by itself. It will need to be attached to a lead wire. The lead wire absorbs the punishment, and your wire is just attached to hit for support.

Look at how cable tv is supported overhead. They use eye bolts on the pole, and on the house. This as an attached wire. You will not want to use this as it is aluminum shielded. You want copper shield!!!!!

Is this your property?

Is this because you cannot get permission to cut the concrete to create a channel to lay conduit?

Can you trench?

I wish you luck!

Scorpion