rory

TaskAdmin

When you run the file it auto hides the taskbar and disables CTL-ALT-DEL and Tab Keys. Uses a Timer API and runs in the background, very minimal memory use as it doesnt do anything much. The keys SHIFT-F7 hides and SHIFT-F8 shows. Requires password to hide and show. Default pass is 1971, this is fixed and cannot be changed.

Example usage would be to put it on startup, either by:

1- Copy and Paste it into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Start

OR

2- Place it somewhere on the PC then open RegEdit and locate: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and create a new String Value, name it anything, then enter the full path of the file as the value.

Either way, it will run on start up and this can be a replacement for those that are not too keen on the GeoVision keylock utility. Just remove all icons from the desktop, that can be done manually or in the registry as well.

To remove desktop icons by the registry (actually it just hides them), locate:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

and find the entry called HideIcons, make the value 1.

Enough already, here is the file

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/geo/TaskAdmin.exe (40kb)

ok I will give it a go on my work dvr (gv650)

Thanks heaps for replying

very nice rory was about to code one myself but you already did it

anyway to get an update to block the entire ctrl key, alt key and windows key? windows key is just a registry entry the other two would have to be timers. alt-tab, ctrl-esc, and win-d pretty much bypass this.

thanks