rory

SimpleVue Geo - Basic Remote Viewer

Ubuntu and Wine

Just tested simplevue from Wine on Ubuntu and it worked. But this is after having to copy some additional windows files mostly for the VBruntime and also at least one additional DLL required by the Geo ActiveX.

I will do some more testing but so far it looks like this, running wine from a terminal window as root (admin) - BTW I know nothing about Linux, this was basically my first time using it with any kind of administration. Also it was being run in Virtual Box which is kind of slow on this PC.

Download Setup for Wine in Linux: v1.3 (Tested Ubuntu 9.10, Wine 1.01)

Now you can watch your GeoVision DVR from Linux!

This will install using Wine on Linux, and it will also install on regular Windows XP.

This is currently not available for Geovision 8.3.

This includes the above package in a Windows setup file. Installs VBRuntimes and other required libraries.

Right click and open the setup package with Wine. Install the program as normal, select desktop icon if you like. A menu item should now be located under Applications, Wine, Programs. Edit your settings file.

Desktop link: click on the "SimpleVue Geo.desktop" icon to open the program, select "Mark as Trusted", then reopen it. You can safely move the "SimpleVue Geo.lnk" file to the trash as it is invalid and created by Wine.

All testing was done as root user.

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/software/geovision/simplevuegeo.asp

Works in MAC also!!

using WINE ofcourse.

FYI this is my first time using a MAC. Using Snow Leapord 10.6.2.

I simply downloaded the wine app from here:

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

dragged into the applications folder as the readme says, then ran the SimpleVue Geo installer with Wine. Not sure if this is a limited version of Wine or not (?) But it works.

Creating the desktop shortcut is a little different, also there is no Wine menu as with Ubuntu. Basically goto the drive, users, username, wine files, drive_c, program files, simplevuegeo, and right click "create alias" - if you want to change the name, rename it while it is highlighted (i dont see any way to rename a shortcut in mac?). then copy that to the desktop.

While in the SimpleVue folder, open the INI file and change the settings, or also create a shortcut to that on the desktop.

Open the desktop shortcut you made, should work.