dtech

Issues With Cameras Turning Red & Green On New GV-250 Sy

Hi all,

We recently built a rack mount DVR system to replace our old and slow 4 channel GV-250 system. We upgraded to a GV-250 8 channel card at the same time and have had some issues with the screen coming up with red and green. Say if we are watching the parking lot which is blacktop and it has a white car parked in it, when the system goes nuts the pavement turns red and the car is green for 5-10 seconds. We were at first thinking it was the auto iris on the camera, but they all do the color thing at the same time and then they will be ok for a few hours or longer and then they do it again. We have 5 cameras outside, four are Sony type and the other is a cheap off brand. Does this have something to do with the frame rate we have setup? The old 4 channel system never did this, we did add two more exterior cameras during our upgrade. We have put new ends on the RG59 as well as tried plugging one camera in at a time to try to isolate it to a single camera, with no luck. We are in the computer business so normally we would think heat could possibly be an issue, but the DVR is in a air conditioned Liebert cabinet which keeps the temperature at 68 degrees all the time. Has anyone else ran into this issue, or does anyone have any ideas on what else it might me? See my attachment for an example

Example.JPG.c2c2a90ef8d62fe5a03f7da515875c7e.JPG

If they all give a bad image at once, and you've tried connecting one camera at a time, it certainly looks to me like a bad GV card.

Can you put the old card it and run just 4 cameras for a while to confirm hat the problem is tied to the new card?

Do you have any BW cameras connected to it?

Also, pull off one camera at a time, and see if it goes away. Ive got that before when connecting a cheap BW bullet along with a bunch of color cameras, when the BW Bullet is removed it goes away, or you could try moving the BW bullet to the last port on the card, or the first.

Hey, unless you got someone 10 foot tall working for ya, point the camera down a bit

Sorry, cant help regarding the colour issue.

Hope you get it resolved.

Let me preface my post:

I know very little about DVR systems. I haven't build one and don't own one (yet).

but...

I have seen this same issue with computer video cards that are overheating. You can troubleshoot this by opening up the case up and havening a fan blow on the card and see if the issue clears up. A card that is very hot to the touch is also an indication of overheating. A improperly wired cooling fan, a poorly seated heat sink, or a very hot ambient temperature could create this type of problem.