jstory

Are there any IP software programs that will work with a mac

I have a customer who only has macs in his house. He would like to be able to view his ip cameras on them. Are there any software programs that run on a mac? I was going to install a server with luxriot but he will have no way to view his cameras on the network.

Thanks,

Jason

a lot IP camera support IE brower function, if your customer's mac can visit web, that can saw the pictures.

Totally wrong.

Most IP Cameras when view over IE, relys on ActiveX on IE to connect and view the cameras. It'll only work on IE with Windows. Not MAC.

Some I know, uses Java Applet. This supposely would work in both WinTEl and Mac.

You can try AVTech's DVR with CCTV Cameras. It uses Applet for the Browser viewing. Doesn't work with Safari on Mac (not too sure why), but work with firefox on Mac. Customer tried and told me. I dun use Mac.

a lot IP camera support IE brower function, if your customer's mac can visit web, that can saw the pictures.

Totally wrong.

Most IP Cameras when view over IE, relys on ActiveX on IE to connect and view the cameras. It'll only work on IE with Windows. Not MAC.

Some I know, uses Java Applet. This supposely would work in both WinTEl and Mac.

Depends what camera you're using all Axis and Panasonic IP cams can be viewed in Safari, though Sony have poor support.

The best recording and viewing software for the mac though is SecuritySpy.

KB