angela.lopez

Extreme dust conditions video camera application

I'm working on a coal facility port we are looking for a video camera for day and night outdoor application, we have a severe weather and really dusty conditions. We have heard about some cameras that include an autocleanning system not using a wiper (like the ones are used at formula 1 cars at the pilot cabinet). The camera should have Ethernet communication and remote movements control, we prefer to have a dome camera. Is there any video camera that we could use for this environment?, where can I get some more information about this kind of technology?. Thanks Regards.

Very interesting application.

I have not heard of any self cleaning cameras that dont use liquids to help clean the lens.

However depending on how many cameras you need you should look at having a camera manufacture designing it for you. If the job is big enough to order a reasonable quantity I think you will find the will create and manufacture it for you.

I know my company has done this before if it is an untapped market and if there is a reasonable quantity to help cover the design costs.

You might get lucky and find a company that already makes or one who is interested in working with you for this specific product.

Hope you are able to find it.

Your search for a industrial rated cam with "self cleaning lens" I think you may be relating to the Hydrophilic self cleaning glass technology.....perhaps this link may help http://www.gotowti.com/HydrophilicGlass.htm I dont know where you are located but there are many safety codes and standards for use of electronic devices (inc cctv cameras and like devices) within coal facilities mines etc. due to the explosive danger of coal dust, I noted that you stated outdoor port... but standards do exist. Perhaps take a look at WTI (Sidewinder) http://www.gotowti.com/Products_Sidewinder.htm You may want to investigate Industrial grade cctv speciality gear for your application. There are many sources of speciality gear through transportation/construction/mining technology and trade resource publications online.