Sign in to follow this  
mungk

*hello* ... Need your opinions.

Hello Everyone,

I'm glad I found this forum. Everyone seems pretty knowledgeable here. I really do need help because there's so many choices I feel lost, plus I'm sort of in a bind and need to purchase a new system FAST. I know that Mitsubishi, Sanyo, Panasonic and Avermedia are good companies. I just need to know specific model numbers for systems that present the best value.

My parents own a laundrymat and their current pc based system died. I'd like to switch them out to a non-pc based standalone system.

I was wondering if someone could recommend a great value based commercial unit. Also if you are a reseller on the east coast please PM me. I need to buy TODAY! I'm located in washington dc.

Budget is 1000-2000. (really would like the best possible value)

Requirements:

16 cameras

Remote access

h.264

built in cd/dvd-r

easy interface

The system will be mainly used for remote viewing since the store is run by a manager and i'd like to keep tabs on the employees.

Thanks so much in advance.

mungk,

I can think of several models that could fit the bill....

1. ADEDVR016008 - American Dynamics EDVR series... This model starts at 80G and goes up from there (up to 640G)... This model should be around around $1,300 and the model with 640G should be under $2,000... Comes with all the essentials, CD burner, Internet ready and it is embedded system and 3 years warranty...

2. DSR-3716H80 - Sanyo Cheetah series. This model also starts with 80G and goes up from there (up to 600G)... This model starts around $2,000... You can take this model up to 1.5TB internal storage by replacing the existing hard drive with (2) 750G PATA drives... Very easy system to use... Comes with 3 years warranty. CD Burner option costs extra, so I will not recomend the model with CD burner.. and it is embedded system.

3. DR16NC-250 - CBC - This model starts with 250G and comes with CD burner (you can get the same without CD burner save few dollars). You can order one with up to 750G internal storage... Pricing for the above model should be under $1,200 and the 750G model should be under $1,600... comes with 3 years warranty and it is an embedded system... Also, it comes with a remote control, so that you can program it from few feet away.

All these above models are current offering from respective manufacturers... All are embedded and come with 3 years warranty. If you shop aggressively, you will find these products few dollars higher or lower, but pick the right supplier and ask a lot of questions... Besides, if anything does happen with any of these models and if the reseller is no longer available, you can always have them repaired under warranty with the respective manufacturers directly... Make sure you keep the receipts and the serial numbers.. and this is all...

Let me know if you have any questions... I am sure other members will have other options available to you...

Good luck!

Awesome thanks for the reply. After doing a little surfing I realize that there seems to be a lot of posts very similar to mine. I can imagine how it would get old answering posts like this. So thanks again.

It looks like the CBC might be what i'm leaning the most towards. Time to look for a dealer.

Also one last question... Are JOG wheels necessary and used often or just a convenience?

Mungk, excellent choice...

CBC model above comes with remote control, so all your programming can happen using this device.. Jog wheels gets used often to program directly on the machine, so yes.. it is used a lot... in case if you loose the remote control:D

I will PM you some more information shortly...