topspin

New to this

Hi. I've just finished installing a DSC alarm system in my home and now wish to add some video surveillance. I'd like to know if Geovision capture cards are reliable because I read on another forum that they have a lot of issues.

Yes, they are actually very reliable, the software is stable, and it is loaded with features. Like with any DVR though, there are requirements that need to be met for them to work as they should. If you have any questions regarding that please let us know.

I second that.

I've installed 10 - 15 Geo systems. Not a single problem with the cards.

Only issues were with bad computer configurations.

Stick to recommended specifications and your fine.

Just discovered one of the GV-650 4 camera cards was running for 3 years on a Celeron 2.0 with 256K RAM.

Not a single problem with it.

I'm glad to hear they are reliable. I have a small business selling computer hardware etc and I had some experience with camera systems. One of my clients really likes the digiop genenal solutions system because he said it gave him a nicer picture quality than the system I had sold him. I can't remember the name of the system I had sold but it was supposed to be top notch.

I passed one wire for a camera, it's a RG59 cable tied together with an 18gauge (2 conductor) wire for power. But I see cameras also support voice. Do I need separate audio cable for it or will I get some sound out of the RG59?