casey

I am Unable to upgrade. Need suggestions.

I have been trying to upgrade my geovision software from 7.1 to a newer 8.1.1.0 version.

I am running a Dell XPS 400 with a geovision GV-1480 card currently with 11 cameras.

I have a newer geovision V8.1.1.0 disc and the activation code. What I have tried twice already is to completely uninstall my earlier version and install the newer one.

After I tried to install the newer one I was not able to access the program even though I was able to click on it under new programs.

I am far from a computer genius so I was hoping that someone may have some suggestions.

Thanks,

Casey

I have been trying to upgrade my geovision software from 7.1 to a newer 8.1.1.0 version.

I am running a Dell XPS 400 with a geovision GV-1480 card currently with 11 cameras.

I have a newer geovision V8.1.1.0 disc and the activation code. What I have tried twice already is to completely uninstall my earlier version and install the newer one.

After I tried to install the newer one I was not able to access the program even though I was able to click on it under new programs.

I am far from a computer genius so I was hoping that someone may have some suggestions.

Thanks,

Casey

Hi!

What you mean with the activation code? Also try to get the Geovision 8.1.2 because I think there was an isue with some Dell computers that the fix is included in 8.1.2

You can find the 8.1.2 here: http://dvr.no/published/Geovision/

Think you can choose the light version: drivers, program.

JD

JD,

thanks for the info and the link. I'll give it a try and see if I can make it work. I wish that I knew more about computers!

Casey