SureVeillance

Anyone have luck with Pelco IP110

Just to close out this thread. I ordered a Pelco IP110 camera and a Panasonic NW484 for comparison. The Pelco I received was defective (the light doesn't go on on the network switch when you plug in the cable) so I returned it. The replacement was also defective so I called their tech support. It turned out to be the next consecutive serial number as the first one, so probably they had a manufacturing issue.

Anyway, Pelco tech support received and confirmed the second camera IP interface was bad, repaired it and sent it back to me.

I can now report that the Pelco IP110 is in service and am running it along side the Panasonic. One obvious difference is that the Pano supports M-JPEG and the Pelco does not (except when connected to Endura). I have to say that the Pelco does a nice job streaming MPEG over multicast at 30 FPS.

Took several tries to get the Pelco configured with Milestone. The Panasonic worked first time.

While waiting for the Pelco to be repaired, I did end up ordering 2 more Panasonics. One issue with the Panasonic is that the web interface does not work under Vista. No issues with the Pelco interface under Vista.

Both cameras run on POE.

Hope this is helpful.

Andy

Quick question, do either have real software, not browser based, included with them?

No, they do not. I saw where Pelco was going to bundle a one license version of Milestone, but you can get that from the Milestone website anyway for any camera.

The Panasonic web interface has a simple Live and Quad view, but that is it.

Picture quality on the Panasonic is very good, especially in low light but it is not megapixel. I tried to post an image but it gives me errors.

The Pelco keeps disconnecting from the server so I have not mounted it outside for comparison.

Milestone has fixed their driver for the Pelco IP110 with the latest device pack release 3.2. The connection is now reliable. At the previous release (3.1) the server constantly lost connection. The picture quality is very good - looks like the inside of the IP110 is the same camera system as the IS110 analog camera - in fact has the same model numbers.

http://www.milestone.dk/support/Support_Updates/ShowSupportNews?id=1564

I realize this is a little late, but it may help someone. I ordered ten IP110's for a job with Milestone, and configured them before going onsite. After my installers put them in, three failed to power up. I found the problem was a connector just inside the camera body that the pigtail connects to pulls loose when flexing the leads to get them in the backbox. This connector is covered by a small metal shield with one screw. After reconnecting, everything worked fine..... My money's still with the NW484, though. You get WDR and D/N for about the same price as the standard Pelco, and it's a lot easier to install.

Hardwired - how are your IP110s doing with Milestone? I am again getting disconnects although when I go straight to the pelco browser interface I can see a reliable picture.

Andy