gabye7

Got my gv800 on Ebay :(

I have been reading a lot at the forum and i just found out i might have bought a not legitimate dvr card, it came with the 7.0 software, i tried to upgrade it to the 8.12 and it id (i used the detection tool and it went fine) but i get no video in monitors from any camera! i get "video lost" or "lost video". So my question is. Is this card a pirated? If it is a pirated where can i buy a legal one near San Diego, and if it is a legal card (because it did ok in the detection tool) why cant i get it to work?

Depends, how many channels is it, how much did it cost, and does it come with an authentic Geo CD and User Manual?

i just.... copy paste from ebay

PACKAGE INCLUDES:

- 1 GV800 model card 16Ch video/4ch Audio

- 2 Camera Connetor (DB15)

- 1 Software 7.05

cost 358 dls no user manual and the cd is white (sticker) with red letters "GV DVR Systems 7.05"

"Im having a bad feeling about this"

But if it did ok in the detection tool, shouldnt it be legal?? Or pirated cards do this?

It definitely a pirate card.

There are a couple banner ads at the top which companies sell legit cards online.

Rory

looks like a real one, though the clones are very close these days (after all the cards are actually made by a card manufacturer in S Korea, Geo is just the software developer mostly).. the thing is that it came with 7.05, no Original CD and no manual .. which means either its a clone, its second hand, or they just didnt want to send you the original CD and manual. Either way current cards ship with v 8.11 or 8.12, 7.xx hasnt been shipped with the cards now in .. at least over a year.

Its possible its just a bad card or there is something wrong with the drivers. 8.xx drivers would upgrade the firmware on the card, but if its not an original it would probably not work after that, or just not upgrade.

Edited by Guest

That looks pretty legit to me, that blurry area in the last pic is that a GV hologram?

I'm thinking you need to restart your install, fdisk and use y8 drivers then install v8.

If rory knows something I don't about these (and he very well could!) I think it's a used card that got onto ebay.

Worst case you still have a card with 4 conexant 878a encoders, so it's good for 120fps MPEG2 in hardware. You may well be able to find alternative interfaces for it.

Serious Technical Problems in v7.05 "Mutation"

1. Pirated cards with a v8.0: Black screen followed by video loss and continuous fake-GeoVision software restarts.

2. Pirated cards with a v7.05: "Can't find USB protection key for new system" message followed by no video screen.

3. Pirated cards with v7.05 "mutation": Due to technology limitations of the pirated product, counterfeit card sellers made a v7.05 "mutation" to run on older driver versions but still claim it as v7.05. The v7.05 "mutation" does NOT contain functions GeoVision intends to deliver to our customers (while all genuine card users are able to use an updated driver version for v7.05 for full features). There are also various additional problems related to the v7.05 "mutation".

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/piracy.asp

The price you paid is almost half that of the dealer cost, so like i mentioned above, either it is second hand, or its a clone.

whats fdisk? format? and whats y8 drivers??

it did say it was used, user upgraded or soemthing

i have been trying to upgrade for the last 24 hrs! i have gotten al kinds of errors and tried many things, i even formatted and same thing! I did upgrade the drivers after the software told me to do so (just looked into control panel and i have 2.2.4.4 version of driver, which came in same folder i downloaded from a site) then i got back into it but, same as always black screen, then lost video

alternative interface?? recommend any good one...i liked this v8 because of the 32x fast fordward, its great for me because im gona use it in a motel just to check how many cars go in

this has been a lot of help guys! i asked my dad and he doesnt know how to turn a pc on, so wasnt much help, and he is the expert in the family lol!

oh! forgot to mention in the v7.05 i got, when i Enable Directdraw Overlay (to do the full screen thing), i restart software so changes take effect, but when i come back all cameras are frozen, if i go and disable the direcdraw and reboot software cameras are fine, but no full screen so i have a look alike legal card, whit the pirate simptoms ill just get my money back, seller said 30 day period, so ill do that or do you know any other software as you said, i could use?

Ok now it may be legit .. lets continue with troubleshooting ..

What are the PC Specs.

Need Motherboard, Video Card, Memory, CPU, etc, if its a brand name PC just post the model number.

Rory

----------------------------------------------------------

REPORT INFORMATION

==========================================================

REPORT TYPE: Hardware Report

COMPUTER NAME: VENUS

USER NAME: Administrador

DATE/TIME: 22/09/2007 07:33:28 p.m.

MOTHERBOARD

MANUFACTURER: ASUSTeK Computer INC.

PRODUCT: P5N-E SLI

SERIAL NUMBER: 123456789000

VERSION: 1.XX

BIOS

MANUFACTURER: Phoenix Technologies, LTD

NAME: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

SERIAL NUMBER: System Serial Number

SM BIOS BIOS VERSION: ASUS P5N-E SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 0608

VERSION: Nvidia - 42302e31

VIDEO

NAME: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

VIDEO PROCESSOR: GeForce 7300 GT

VIDEO MODE DESCRIPTION: 1024 x 768 x 65536 colores

CURRENT BITS PER PIXEL: 16

MAX REFRESH RATE: 75

MIN REFRESH RATE: 56

CURRENT REFRESH RATE: 60

DRIVER VERSION: 6.14.10.9147

INF FILENAME: oem107.inf

INF SECTION: nv4_NV3x

INSTALLED DISPLAY DRIVERS: nv4_disp.dll

CONFIG MANAGER ERROR CODE: 0

p4 3.0 1gb ram

Need Motherboard, Video Card, Memory, CPU, etc, if its a brand name PC just post the model number.

Thanks,

That motherboard seems to have an nVidia Chipset, so that may be the problem. GV800 doesnt work on Via or ATI Chipset, and they dont mention nVidia causing a problem, but since its not an Intel Chipset that is the first thing I would look into.

Video card seems okay, just make sure you are using the latest stable drivers from the manufacturer.

Also, change the refresh rate to something higher, like 70, 72, or even 75, if the monitor allows it; try all 3 if they are available and check for best quality. Higher the better but only if the quality remains good.

If you cant try the card in a PC with an Intel chipset, perhaps try a different video card.

And make sure you are using the black cable to the black video in on the card.

Rory

Gonna ask a friend for his PC (wont tell him what im gona do to try the intel chipset, i had already tried downloading the driver from nvidia, but pc crashes when getting into windows so i had to stick to the cd version, im just running on 75 refresh now, gona reboot system and then see what happens

im starting to like this video lost thing, here is something new, sofware loads up, black screen, few secs video lost, pluged out the camera and back in, then i get black screen, few secs and our video lost friend comes back, i have to get this dvd working now because im goin home, so could i just use a generic software?

ok! i just had the cards on a different system with an intel chipset and same thing!! black window then video lost =( so ill just have to give up?? and buy a new one?

I just purchased a gv800 and had the exact same problem. After reading several posts in the forum, I was convinced that I had purchased a clone. Tried everything, new cameras, new video card, new computer, formatting, power supply. The problem turned out to be bad cables. I made the cables myself using crimp-on connectors. I cannot believe the cables I made were that bad. To test I purchased a cacle from RatShack and now everything works perfectly. It may be worth a try for you.