robca

GV600: can it take time-lapse snapshots?

I just installed a GV600 in my system, and I love it (I'm a "computer guy", and I tried every combination of TV/Video capture boards and webcam/surveillance software I could find on the internet, and nothing was working properly... installing/using the GV600 was such a refreshing change, and everything works without overloading the processor).

I currently have only 2 cameras on a 4 camera card. One is dedicated to motion capture at high-fps (creating high-quality AVIs of activity in a specified area), the other only needs to take a snapshot every minute or so. Alas, I could not figure out a way to do so, as the lowest FPS I can set is 1, and that eats too much storage space for my needs. The PC I'm using is not connected to the internet, and I can access it only by remote-terminal (over WiFi), so I can't use a streaming solution to capture the snapshots on another PC

Can you think of any way of using a camera on a GV600 to take a snapshot a minute? Or generate an AVI with one frame every minute?

As a side note, I'm using the GV600 on an AMD Athlon 1.5+ recycled system, and it works like a champ, without overloading the CPU (I'm runnning Windows 2003 server, rock solid). Can do motion-triggered capture with a pretty complex mask (to avoid false triggers) at 640x480 and AVI encoding with processing cycles to spare. Any other program/card I tried (granted, all low end) would immediately overload the CPU and drop frames at anytihng bigger than 320x240, one channel

Thanks in advance, ROb