Mikey

Standard to Hybrid IR

I have a CNB 4815 and I need to change to the CNB 4810 which has a longer range varifocul lens.

Other than the lens and the large increase in price, two things change on the camera. Some kind of filter called ICR2 for improved nite imaging and the LED's change from 56 standard 15 and 30 degree to 12 Hybrid.

I am happy with the IR performance on the standard IR , what can I expect when the unit changes to hybrid LEDS.

Hmmm.

My camera cnb 4815 already has ICR but the CNB 4810 has an improved ICR2.

You are saying that ICR2 kicks butt.

What about the diff between standard 56 leds and 12 Hybrid leds.

IR on the camera is terrible, ICR is good.

EDIT: 30* IR LEDs would help a bunch, still I would rather have IR seperate.

There should be no difference between ICR and ICR2, I don't understand how there really could be. The filter is infront of the imager or it's not.

ICR cameras will generally smoke all digital Day/Night cameras.

Mikey, I think he didnt realize the first one also had an ICR .. as far as the ICR and the ICR2 no idea, an Infrared Cut Filter is just that, it blocks Infrared Light. Now they may have added in some additional features when it removes the ICR for night mode, and now they call it ICR2 .. but no idea.

[edit-collin you too quick now]

Based on a diagram on their website, it seems like ICR2 is composed of 2 filters, 1 a normal IR filter, the 2nd a clear filter, so sensor is always covered by a filter (either an IR one or a clear one.) Purpose seems to be to eliminate the focal shift of the IR range, the clear filter focuses the light to the same position as the IR filter, thus no focus shift. Guess it is similiar to an IR compensated lens, just that with ICR2, you no longer need an IR compensated lens since it takes place in the camera body.

here is a product page with description of ICR2 at the bottom. on the cnbtec site, i found it on the product page for G2315NF/G2315PF

sorry cant post direct links yet.