jimbo

BNC Connectors - Screw-on vs Crimp-on

lengfeng203,

As a manufacturer, perhaps you could explain why no LCD display manufacturers make a monitor capable of displaying interlaced video properly interlaced, rather than deinterlaced?

Hey when you guys use CAT6e, do you use special and complicated CAT6e RJ45s? I've got some but man they're a PITA.
We prefer the kind with IDC connectors on the balun, rather than having to install RJ45 connectors.

Sorry, I temporarily switched subjects. I was referring to Ethernet.

But, to reply to that when I use "analog" cameras I usually use DC. I use these: VBP-RJ45-F. The power pigtail is built in. So no splicing. Just crimp an RJ45 and your done. Pretty clean.

I prefer crimp-on BNC conectors.

And I actually don't like baluns. I've tried dozens various types and didn't find the perfect ones. I always notice some ghosting. Sometimes I really have a good look to see it, but I see it and Coax performs better. Also the sync-puls isn't as straight as when you use quality coax. Also the price of the cable is no issue for me. The cost of labour could be an issue, but I don't notice a big difference between coax or cat cable in hours of labour. If you make a very need installation! If you shoot the cable with a bow and arrow above the ceilling, then CAT cable should be cheaper. If you put it cable ducts, the price doesn't matter of the cable.

I'm also a CRT addict and bought a few 15" JVC HiRes monitors (The best CRT monitor ever made!), a few 10" JVC monitors (which I use for programming camera's or demonstrations in the field) and also 17" JVC HirRes monitor, just for the fun.

For my custumers I use the JVC LM-series, Everfocus TFT range and for the budget systems the new Iiyama 19" Video TFT.

we do a lot of cat 6 cable installs and we try to avoid at all costs putting on plugs. We prefer to install a jack and use a patch cord. If you look in Panduit and Levitron books you will see some weather proof/industrial jacks etc. When we do cable we have switched to the ICMoore connectors they have a kit and their BNCs are priced pretty well.

I don't use twist ons but have run into some that were sealed with epoxy they stayed in place for several years but you cut them off rather than try to reuse them.

we do a lot of cat 6 cable installs and we try to avoid at all costs putting on plugs. We prefer to install a jack and use a patch cord.

Are you talking about a "biscuit jack"? As in a jack with screw terminals and a female RJ45?

If so, I've never seen that done before... except for the phone companies...

we do a lot of cat 6 cable installs and we try to avoid at all costs putting on plugs. We prefer to install a jack and use a patch cord.

Are you talking about a "biscuit jack"? As in a jack with screw terminals and a female RJ45?

If so, I've never seen that done before... except for the phone companies...

I would guess he's talking about keystone jacks:

121742_1.jpg

No we use a regular data jack

Panduit part CJ688TGOR

they make a line of jack and connectors called IndustrialNet

that have weather/oil resitance fittings should work well for CCTV.

Biscur boxes are fine for POTS lines but we typically only use the 4 wire versions.