acableconnection

domes for cold weahter outside

I have installed Nuvico vandal proof, but have to install the heater and fan for use outside.

Does anybocy make a dome cam that is weatherproof? Ive seen them on buildings before, but not sure if they were weatherproof or not

To give you a right answer, fist off, where are you located? Based on the typical climate that you may have, there is a chance weather proof domes may have to go into another packaging that comes with heater and blower (like in cold snowy weather areas)... Otherwise, there are quite of many weather and vandal proof mini domes that will perform.. and most of them are IP66 compliant..

Choices available from all the major manufacturers with full 3 years warranty.

Please give us some more info and then I am sure besides my post, there will be others who will jump in and provide even more info for you.

Does anybocy make a dome cam that is weatherproof? Ive seen them on buildings before, but not sure if they were weatherproof or not

Hi!

If you need for dark, cold and wet weather PM me for a tips, but I am not sure if they sell in small stock.

But you can try them, they also have a US office if that is where you are located.

We do sell PTZ/Speed domes that are running and have done so in many many years in cold, wet and harsh weather, the winternights can be as low as 25 degrees below zero with snowing and cold wind.

But they have survived the warranty timenow many times hehe!

JD

I live in michigan. cold and snowy, icy rain, etc. depends on the year. anyway, I am looking for something other than the typical outdoor housing/box cam setup. this is for a country club, with a brick building.

Ive noticed a lot of bullet cams around lately, and havent had a problem on my house, and the concensus is that the heat generated from the cam itself is enough to keep it warm.

I live in michigan. cold and snowy, icy rain, etc. depends on the year. anyway, I am looking for something other than the typical outdoor housing/box cam setup. this is for a country club, with a brick building.

Ive noticed a lot of bullet cams around lately, and havent had a problem on my house, and the concensus is that the heat generated from the cam itself is enough to keep it warm.

Looks like you answered you own question bud...

Hello

I am Tim I work for a DVR CCTV manufacture that is located in Canada B.C.

Since we are located In B.C. are cameras have been built to withstand the harsh conditions that B.C. throws at us. All are outdoor cameras can Handel -40C +50C IP67 rated.

(Bosch and Pelco products are very good as well though overpriced)

We throw are cameras in a -40C freezer and turn them off for 2 days. Then we start them up and in in 12 minutes they up and working again.

outdoor cameras should be made to withstand environmental conditions that are likely to be encountered like rain, snow sun-glare, low light etc. Outdoor CCTV camera security systems Outdoor cameras should either be classed as weather resistant or mounted in a special enclosure to provide protection.

Also I recommend getting cameras that are vandal proof for most outdoor applications. Cameras that are made with Polly carbonite are good for this.

If you are interested and want to know or look at some outdoor cameras feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Phone: 1-250-426-8100

There you go