rory

Samsung Techwin

Does anyone know who sells this brand of cameras in the US. They only have a telephone contact for a rep in Florida, no email or web site, and I cant dial long distance right now.

My florida distributor only sells Samsung Cameras, not Samsung Techwin.

Thanks

Rory

Which ones? Techwin has a better selection of WD cameras, etc, compared to the GVI samsung which my distributor sells. Which ones are the better?

I primarily like it for the WD Fixed Domes.

Rory

techwin has better range because they do not make them all, rebadged.. not that this is a bad thing, but I have heard this as a rumour only... but seen first hand the failure rate, many people who were buying them.. now buy Ganz from me! I mean 480 TVL CS Mount for $121 US, now thats reasonable for japanese quality

i would but that would be around $300+ once landed, depending on shipping and customs, mainly shipping. Yall get things cheap over there, well and the US also, once it lands here from the US it is basically 75% more.

My main thing is the WD cameras, especially a WD Vandal Resistant Weather Resistant Low Light/ Day/Night Fixed Dome. I actually need one for a job right now, which is why I have been looking.

Anyway, 3am here im going offline for the night...

Rory

Samsung is confusing. Samsung Techwin is the official Samsung factory in the U.S. Samsung/GVI is an importer that buys some Samsung and also many other import products and private labels them here. Samsung/GVI is located in Texas and Samsung Techwin is in NJ. You cannot send a Samsung bought from Samsung/GVI back to Samsung Techwin for repair.

Street comments on Samsung/GVI are mixed as to customer service, etc.

Choose with caution when you are buying from Samsung/GVI since many of the products are not much different than COPS, Arcvision, etc.

Ok thanks alan, that about sums it up, that explains why the day/night zoom camera we got from Samsung (GVI) looks just like all the other COP-USA's, etc, and was pretty much crap.

I know your after WD but have you tried the Ganz, daynight dome

I dont think they have it over here yet. I really need WD though.

thanks

Rory

What are these like Alan, have you tried them before? I was wondering as the BW Mode does not seem as low as other Day/Night cameras (0.1Lux). I mean 0.1 lux is still low though and should work for nightime, I guess at .8 lux color, it would also be able to be used indoors for front doors, or warehouses etc. Almost same price as the Kalatel Ultraview??

Rory

Edited by Guest

if panasonic cameras were not so ugly!

Seriously, seen their surface mount domes,

but other than looks, what do you think of this dome:

http://www.spytown.com/panwvvanproo1.html

i have a job that needs (for now) 2 domes on the outside of a gas station, under a cover, that looks at the gas pump drive throughs, one dome to cover 3 pump drive throughs each (there are 3 sets of pump stations). They will be zoomed in around 8mm. I know he cant get the licence plates, well maybe, but main thing is to get rid of any glare at night from the car lights to get a clear picture. Also, this is farely near the harbour so needs to be weatherprooof at the least. Do yah think the pano WD dome will work?

I know your after WD but have you tried the Ganz, daynight dome

I cant seem to find any US pricing on the Ganz cameras any more, do you have a link to anywhere in the US that sells Ganz dealer cost, and also, whats your cost? If there is a big difference and shipping is not much, you never know may be best buying from you

I can check shipping from here probably, UPS. Would obvioulsy have to ship more than one to be worth it. Their Domes do look good as far as specs, when do you think they will have WD in them?

Im really looking for these types:

Day Night Wide Dynamic Traditional Camera High Res

Day Night Wide Dynamic Fixed Dome Varifocal High Res

Day Night Fixed Dome Varifocal High Res

Wide Dynamic Fixed Dome Varifocal High Res

Exview Traditional Camera High Res

Exview / Day/Night /Wide Dynamic Compact Traditional Camera High Res

Color Fixed Dome Varifocal High Res

Exview Fixed Dome High Res

B/W Fixed Dome High Res

B/W Fixed DOme Standard Res

Color Fixed Dome Standard Res

All have to be high end brands

What do you think, too much to carry, should narrow them down to less products? Im also carrying 4 Provideo Bullet Cameras for home users, and ofcourse a few select discreet and hidden cameras.

Trust me, Ive come across needs for all of these cameras so far in various quotes. Shall we start a new thread?

I guess the thing to do is not to carry them all, just sell them all??

thanks

Rory

ive decided to go with this one on this job, ill leave it up to the client whether to go Flush or Surface Mount:

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?displayTab=O&storeId=11201&catalogId=13051&itemId=70987&catGroupId=14474&modelNo=WV-CW474AF&surfModel=WV-CW474AF

and for now, my full catologue:

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/cctv.pdf

(right click 'save as')

Want to offer a little contibution here to share the result of my research

GVI is Samsung Electronic's exclusive distributor of security products in North and South America.

Their web site show Samsung Cameras manufactured by Samsung Electronics.

Samsung Electronics CCTV products web can also be found at:

http://www.samsung.com/Products/CCTV.htm

GVI web site is www.gviss.com

Other site that seems to be also GVI's is www.lgcctv.com