AmsSat

DVR suggestion for Panasonic CP480

Hello,

I have no experience with CCTV systems. I've spent quite some time on this forum to look for the right cam and DVR for me. Please let me know what is the best for my home security project.

I have two indoor cameras and one outdoor. There is some outdoor light, my house is surrounded by others and I have a lighted street at 15 meters.

For my application I think that 3 Panasonic CP480 cams will do it. I've read good things about it and I've found them at $400.

What is the suitable DVR the them? I can go up to $1000 for a 4 channels DVR. I wish that I could connect the DVR to the TV.

I live in Europe so the DVR should work at 230v and be able to communicate with the TV.

Thanx!

Considering the quality of the cameras you have, I would certainly look for a dvr that will do them justice. I don’t think a dvr within the price range you describe will do so. You might set up a pc based unit like geo vision, which will provide better quality at a lower price. I’m not all that familiar with pc based units. However, I’m sure the experts here will guide you in the right direction.

I see.

Yes a PC baseed sollution is a solution but i was looking for a DVR. Lets say up to 2000EUR. Is there something out there I can find?

2000EUR is very close to 2800 USD. Though these are a bit more expensive, I would consider ICRealtime or a Panasonic WJ-RT208. In fact, I plan on trying one of the two mentioned if the near future along with upgrading my cameras.

Hello,

I have no experience with CCTV systems. I've spent quite some time on this forum to look for the right cam and DVR for me. Please let me know what is the best for my home security project.

I have two indoor cameras and one outdoor. There is some outdoor light, my house is surrounded by others and I have a lighted street at 15 meters.

For my application I think that 3 Panasonic CP480 cams will do it. I've read good things about it and I've found them at $400.

What is the suitable DVR the them? I can go up to $1000 for a 4 channels DVR. I wish that I could connect the DVR to the TV.

I live in Europe so the DVR should work at 230v and be able to communicate with the TV.

Thanx!

Amsat, I could of helped you if you were in U.S..

Excellent choice for the cameras... Just make sure not to go cheap on your lenses...

For home use, I will suggest Embedded system with ease of use, yet very functional.. There are many to choose from... from Sanyo, CBC and even Bosch... Concern is that we are located in U.S., so regardless what price you can get these type of solution, the shipping costs could make the package pricing cost prohibitive...

I had customer from U.K. that had their relatives buy DVR solutions and then they were able to ship to U.K. much cheaper that we could... Not sure how... but it worked.

I found Panasonic WJ-RT208 at $2,435.00. Will this unit do it? It have MPEG-4, I do not know it WJ-RT208 have Motion Detection and that is the FPS but I read that Panasonic makes good CCTV.

Just make sure not to go cheap on your lenses

what lenses should I be looking for? I have one outdoor camera and 2 indoor ones. How should I choose my lens?

found Panasonic WJ-RT208 at $2,435.00. Will this unit do it? It have MPEG-4, I do not know it WJ-RT208 have Motion Detection and that is the FPS but I read that Panasonic makes good CCTV.

I think Panasonic ranks among the top of the very best. This is were you can find the information you’re looking for in regard to the WJ-RT208.

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?displayTab=O&storeId=11201&catalogId=13051&itemId=97614&catGroupId=14463&modelNo=WJ-RT208/1500&surfModel=WJ-RT208/1500

I would think whether or not your going to want to view it remotely might be a large concern? And if so you might want to check out the GE dvrme, which is not cheep but very reliable and excelent for remotely viewing.