RED

Dedicated Micros ?

These guys seem to be one of the top dogs in the cctv market. Never heard of them before personally but am looking for a new Digital Recorder. Are they the market leader - anyone know why their products are supposed to be so good i.e. features, technical support etc etc ?

DM is the top seller in the DVR industry. They aren't really the best out there but they were one of the first on the market and they have established a reputation for reliability which in this segment of the industry is really important. They are also fairly easy to use, stylish, and the factory has pretty good customer service. You might want to consider the Kalatel Store Safe as an alternative in the embedded DVR since it has a built in CD/RW which is handy.

I have looked at the DM stuff a fair bit, the strong points are that they look awesome, are very reliable and most of the extra components like, PTZ joysticks etc are plug and play. The only down sides that exist with DM is that it does not have good backup options and the image is cropped, they also arent the best on the market for value or the latest features.

They give good support, not that you need it with the sprite anyway (it is very easy to use), best of all they are well known and give the BEST brochures I have seen.

Thanks for the replies guys, the Kalatel Storesafe seems similar to the BX2 model that has a built in CD writer as well - is the Kalatel any better than the BX2 ?

Cheers