Hello all,

I am looking to purchase an Axis 215PTZ. I was hoping someone could answer a question regarding the mounting. I would like to wall mount this dome camera (the bubble directly on the wall vertically). All the pictures I have seen of the 215PTZ show it ceiling mounted (horizontal to the ground).

The 215PTZ can be surface mounted. If I mount it directly on a wall will this affect the PTZ over time?

Is anyone using a 10 camera license software other than the Axis Camera Station? Thank you for any input.

Should not have any lasting negative effect on it... Could check ControlByNet for software if looking to combine different Axis cameras into a surveillance solution.

Hello all,

I am looking to purchase an Axis 215PTZ. I was hoping someone could answer a question regarding the mounting. I would like to wall mount this dome camera (the bubble directly on the wall vertically). All the pictures I have seen of the 215PTZ show it ceiling mounted (horizontal to the ground).

The 215PTZ can be surface mounted. If I mount it directly on a wall will this affect the PTZ over time?

Is anyone using a 10 camera license software other than the Axis Camera Station? Thank you for any input.

Hi, you can certainly wall mount the Axis 215, not directly, but using a bracket and dome. The there is an available adaptor plate for the Videotek DBH24 with the DBH04 wall mount bracket.

As an example see Axis 215 wall mount.

[edit by mod, store link removed, rk]

To answer your other question, Milestone software supports this camera (with a new driver pack) and all other Axis cameras. We use both (plus the Sony and Panasonic variants) and find Milestone to be the best of the lot.

KB