rory

Test a program that Gets the Windows version

This is just something simple, shows your OS version when it loads. Nothing more to it. Just want to see if I get some other OS's out there .. works for Windows only .. should get all versions from 95-Vista, also includes Tablet, Embedded, Media, Starter, NT, etc. Already tested on XP Pro SP2 so no need to download if you have that. I can only test on XP Pro SP2 here which is why im putting it here to hopefully get some others to test it for me.

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/uploads/GetWindowsVersion.exe

If you test it please let me know in this thread, whether it fails or succeeds in getting your OS version, and which version it is. Or you can optionally PM me if you dont want to post your OS version in the public forum.

Thanks, and I appreciate it.

Rory

Hey Rory,

I ran it on two machines both running Windows Vista Ultimate, but all it says when i run the program is Windows Vista in the little dialog box. NO specific version.

Rafal

Thats cool .. for Vista Im only getting that its Vista right now. Wasnt able to find any info on Vista versions just yet. It gets all the versions for XP though, and some of the 9X ones. For Vista all I have is this: 2.6.0.6000. I may try some more for Vista.

Actually it wont actually say the version even with XP, just the edition, but behind the scenes the version is what I use to get the editions from, along with some other code.

Thanks

Rory

ok just put some code in it to hopefully get the Vista editions .. please try again .. will need to download again though as its a new compiled program.

Using WMI as there is a special API to get the versions for Vista, but the trick is it only works in Vista and I dont have that to test it, also, there is not yet any documentation on it for VB6 on the web anywhere. So WMI it is for now.

Thanks!

Rory

Oh well, until I get Vista I will have to stick with just knowing its Vista

Thanks though

Rory