cctvdirect

2wire wireless gateway-router port forward need help

I am using Bell 2wire gateway-router 2701HG-G for internet access.

Plug AVTECH 760 and made the local network working well.

But when I log in router by 192.168.2.1 (default IP of the gateway-router). I found all computers linked to the reouter. But could not find the DVR. So no where to forward port and local IP of the DVR. Who can help me with thanks.

I set local IP of DVR 192.168.2.18 and use port 75.

I was fighting the same question a few weeks ago and only stumbled on the solution recently.

The 2Wire does not automatically "log" static local IP's such that you can specifically adjust the firewall for that host. The way to get them logged is simply to "ping" them using the utility built into the router.

How simple is that? But you would have thought they would have addressed this issue in the instructions or FAQ.

-Paul

1) http://homeportal/management

enter password

2) Go to: "Troubleshooting – Network Tests"

3) enter the static IP of your DVR in the "host" box, 192.168.2.18. Press ping.

4) Go to "Firewall, Settings" and select the DVR's IP from the list.

5) Add new user defined application, put in the port info as described by the DVR manufacturer. If it doesn't work just select DMZ instead

Don't forget to add the port number to your internet IP if that's the way you intent to access this DVR. (your_internet_name_or_address:75)

Talking abt 2WIRE modem/router...

Anyone know how to upgrade the key ?

The ISP appearently bought certain features with the router and gave it to the user. But the DDNS feature in the router is lock down.

If we are willing to pay to enable the feature, does anyone know how to go abt doing that ?