CraigVM62

Looking for DVR with a few features as a priority

Looking for a stand alone DVR with a couple of features as a priority...

16 to 24 channels with the ability to set the record speed and perhaps resolution differently on each channel individualy.

Application is for a cafe where the majority of the cameras do not need to be high resolution or beyond perhaps 10 fps. There are 4 or 5 cameras "entrance, cash register, bar..." where 30 fps and higher resolution viewing and recording are desired.

I scanned a good number of posts to see if this question has been answered and found nothing, so sorry if a recent post addressed this and I missed it.

Thanks

GE DVRs will allow that, but not sure if you had their kind of price in mind. Also only 16 channels. See below, if you would like more screen shots let me know and I will post the links to the images. This is using the Network Client software BTW. You can also do it at the DVR, though the software makes it easier.

admin%20record%20settings.jpg

Edited by Guest

Ideal !!! Do you have the model number of the GE unit your talking about. I can then call my distributor and see what the damages will be.

Thanks Rory !

I checked into the prices for the GE models. They sound like very nice units, but a bit out of the budget for this project.

I found this Speco unit that, from what I can tell from the manual I downloaded, has the ability to configure each camera individually.

http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodID=836

I have been very happy with several of the Speco cameras which I install on a usual basis, but this would be my first experience with one of their DVR's.

Their Cameras and DVRs are made by different OEM manufacturers in Asia, so they will all be different. I used one DVR from them a couple years back and posted a review on the forum. Other OEMs also sell the same DVRs.

Have used the Nuvico NVDV4 DVR that way with different settings on individual cameras and the NVDV3 series too.

Looking for a stand alone DVR with a couple of features as a priority...

16 to 24 channels with the ability to set the record speed and perhaps resolution differently on each channel individualy.

Application is for a cafe where the majority of the cameras do not need to be high resolution or beyond perhaps 10 fps. There are 4 or 5 cameras "entrance, cash register, bar..." where 30 fps and higher resolution viewing and recording are desired.

I scanned a good number of posts to see if this question has been answered and found nothing, so sorry if a recent post addressed this and I missed it.

Thanks

Craig, am I reading correctly when say you want 16 to 24 Channels DVR? If so, are you referring may be one 16 channel and one 8 channel separate recorders?

Ability to assign each port to record different FPS is available from different manufacturers besides GE... If you can answer the question above, I am sure we can come up a different, yet more cost effective solution compared to GE..