peten2359

Remote setup?

Just got my GV-250 card works great. Now I need to use it remotely and am still trying to figure out the many components. Can someone tell me how to set up the following remote options?

1) casual remote viewing, ie start up software see whats going on currently and maybe see what's happened in last couple of hours.

2) detailed review, ie something has happened I want to xfer files, or have them already xfered and review the events in detail without the internet delay

Thanks,

Peter

DMMultiview for viewing.

Viewlog for remote playback.

Both are sent to the remote computer from the Geovision computer when you connect over the internet.

Read some of the PDF files here:

http://www.ezcctv.com/knowledgebase.htm

This PDF will help you configure your router

http://www.ezcctv.com/attributes/cmplx_knwldgbs/filename/GeoVision-WebCam-Setup-Guide.pdf

Sorry, too tired to go into any depth, but you will find almost everything you need in those PDF files.

Let us know how its working out.

Edited by Guest

Ok, you can then use Remote View Log for playback. For Remote Live Video, using the Geo included apps, there is the browser based, just using the WebCam server, which is also on the server menu, then there is the TCP Remote View which is the TCP server in that menu, and there is Center V2 which also allows multisite monitoring and recording remotely. There are others as well, but they are not included.

Ok, you can then use Remote View Log for playback. For Remote Live Video, using the Geo included apps, there is the browser based, just using the WebCam server, which is also on the server menu, then there is the TCP Remote View which is the TCP server in that menu, and there is Center V2 which also allows multisite monitoring and recording remotely. There are others as well, but they are not included.

Looks like webcam is the best place to start.

If I ftp the geo server avi files to a client host will viewlog work with them? Or is there some app that does?

Thanks for the help

Looks like webcam is the best place to start.

If I ftp the geo server avi files to a client host will viewlog work with them? Or is there some app that does?

Thanks for the help

Remote Viewlog is typically for connecting to the DVR and playing the recorded video from it. You can however open local files as well and play them, or save them (convert to standard AVI). The raw event files are AVIs but they require the Geo Codecs, so you either need the codecs installed to view them, or play and or convert them using Remote Viewlog, the DVR itself, or even Remote Playback. Also see the free software link on this forum for a couple of my 3rd party methods. If the AVIs are able to play, you still should convert them before viewing in another Media Player, otherwise they will play fast; or like mentioned use one of my 3rd party methods.

As for FTP, you will need to download them manually or using an FTP program before playing them.

Got it working fine. Thanks for the help.

gv sure does have a lot of components

Vista gave me some issues retry tomorrow