Hikvision Video Samples

It seems there is a lot of hype now about the Hikvision cards and a lot of companies use them with their own software. I have to then assume that since the card does all the compression via hardware, the video quality would be the same for the different sofware or very close.

I would really like to see some samples of the quality of the video from these cards and how they compare to Geo or Avermedia.

Can anyone help with this?

It seems there is a lot of hype now about the Hikvision cards and a lot of companies use them with their own software. I have to then assume that since the card does all the compression via hardware, the video quality would be the same for the different sofware or very close.

I would really like to see some samples of the quality of the video from these cards and how they compare to Geo or Avermedia.

Can anyone help with this?

Hi!

I can setup a this, but not before after wedensday since I have a lot to do before that!

Any special Geovision card you want to compare with?

GV-2008?

GV-1480?

GV-1120?

GV-800?

PAL or NTSC?

I have a PC here with 3 different compression cards in and could be fun to run the test on the same computer, and also run the video from DVD Player(s) to have the same "motion" in the video that is captured. Then read out the CPU/MEM/TEMP , storeage size, and also have the clip from the different cards/software.

What DVD? Any requests? LOL

JD

I think comparing the quality to the 800 and perhaps the 1480 and 2008 would be great! Frame rate is important but overall quality of picture is more important to me.

What have you thought of the Hikvision cards? I'm looking forward to some video samples. I'd also like to see them with a good quality camera too because DVD always looks so good on DVR's. Like everyone else, it would be nice to compare video from one card to another.

Any of that would be great JOINDVR.

Please note how you are recording with Geovision;

ie . 640x480 deinterlace and whether you are using de-interlace render etc.

Cheers for requesting this 501.

Thanks. I think a LOT of people who frequent these boards are curious as to the quality of video from various cards and manufacturers. We can't each test every car but by using a forum like this posting video samples and reviews of different cards, it can make all that information easier to sort through.

JD's probably been very busy, but does anyone else have experience with Hikvision cards or samples? I ordered 2 of the Avermedai 6480 express cards and the supplier was trying to convince me to buy ILDVR cards instead and i know those cards are made by Hikvision.

JD's probably been very busy, but does anyone else have experience with Hikvision cards or samples? I ordered 2 of the Avermedai 6480 express cards and the supplier was trying to convince me to buy ILDVR cards instead and i know those cards are made by Hikvision.

Yes I beenbusy, I am finished doing the HikVision files, and will start with the Geovision ASAP. But I can see if I can post the HikVision files first and then the Geo as a part 2.

JD

Cards are one thing, the software is another thing alltogether.

Even Geo doesnt make its own cards, its a software developer.

Thanks JD, very much appreciated.

Rory, the thing about ILDVR versus Avermedia is size of company, features, and support. The ILDVR stuff I've tested didn't seem great to me and it was not as easy to use as others. I know many, many companies use Hikvision cards (so they must be good) but if they use hardware compression, then the quality is going to be almost the same for all of them, with the only difference being software, while avermedia uses software compression (except 7000 series).

I was just not that impressed with ILDVR software and I didn't find the video to be any better then Geo, but that is just me.

Bring on the samples.

Yep thats kind of what Im saying, just because the cards are typically good, doesn't mean all software apps that work with them, are. Just because its hardware compression, that doesnt take away from the fact that there is still software that needs to be run on the PC and that software maybe prone to crashing and such; not saying it is in this case, just saying.

Yep thats kind of what Im saying, just because the cards are typically good, doesn't mean all software apps that work with them, are. Just because its hardware compression, that doesnt take away from the fact that there is still software that needs to be run on the PC and that software maybe prone to crashing and such; not saying it is in this case, just saying.

Yes agree with you Rory!

I think HikVision cards is good and that Geovision software is good, just to bad you cant mix them!

Does anyone know about Hardware compression cards doing better then D1 @ 25FPS Recording? I would like to know! because I am not satisfied with the quality that HikVision/Geovision proide today!

JD