VST_Man

Internet Providers & blocked ports?

Just wanted to comment on the few I have here in SC.

- Embarq....pretty much the best as far as ports open.they all are

- Hargray.pretty much "ok". Ports are open but they have lousy support/service.

- Verizon.........the worst. Ports blocked and multiple routers that do not allow (or they are not set up properly) open ports.

- SBC under ATT......port 80 blocked.8080 open, others blocked also.

I had a client take 2 IP cams to mass and try to punch thru Verizon and I could not get it to go. Tech support was some non-english speaking type that knew only one way of thinking. and they had what was called PTC......Paid Technical Support, which is basically after tech support cannot rersolve your problem they make up give up a cedit card to continue up to the higher level of tech support...never tried it, just laughed and hung up.

Verizon??? Have any of you tried to punch thru thier ports? I brighed thier modem and then set up the linksys and got nothing.no internet, ports, ect. But when I ran the modem PPoe and linksys DHCP al worked fine except blocked ports....all of them. I believe it has alot to do with NAT.or lack of it. My next attempt would be a VNC tunnel but I am weary of anything working.......

Anyway, I'd like your comments concerning or more...............tnx

Bellsouth now ATT: Port 80 blocked

They also load a program called "broadjump". This prevents a computer to connect to the internet after you switch to a cable internet provider.

Bright house. The most easy to setup between these two choices.

Pretty much plug, and play. Port 80 open.