Sign in to follow this  
pmartin

searching by movement of object

Searching for a dvr solution with features(for a large retail store):

1- record on motion definable by grid.

2- search while recording

3- search in recorded images of when a specific item has been moved (by a grid) like a motion detctor for the searchable video.

4- remote viewable

5- export image (jpg and avi)

Customer already has 64 analog cameras with 4 pelco dx7000

Thanks

Pierre

Searching for a dvr solution with features(for a large retail store):

1- record on motion definable by grid.

2- search while recording

3- search in recorded images of when a specific item has been moved (by a grid) like a motion detctor for the searchable video.

4- remote viewable

5- export image (jpg and avi)

Customer already has 64 analog cameras with 4 pelco dx7000

Thanks

Pierre

American Dynamics Intellex will do... What you referring to is what their Intellex Premier specs are. Example... You knew that there was an item on the desk and it is not there... Instead of searching for hours, just highlight the item when it was there and perform search for the highlighted area and it will find all the clips for it... and also show from which direction a person came and which direction they went (vectorized search). Also, you can preselect several areas for motion record (so that if such are senses motion, the recording could be set at any level up to 30IPS - for critical surveillance purposes)

This model will comply with everything you ask.. except the export image will be proprietary format... which is fine, because when you export such clips onto CD or DVD, it also installers the Intellex player. When you take the content to any computer, it will ask to install the player and then run burned clips..

Are you using Pelco matrix switch or you want the Pelco domes controlled by others... Dependent on the answer and if you do not have matrix switch, then you can control these domes with Intellex, that has the Pelco protocol already built in..

You have not asked how many days of recording you need...

If you any other questions, let us know.

CCTV Supplies - thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware Intellex could do the item motion.

Pmartin - since it is retail, another function you could use to sell Intellex is the POS integration. I had this at Target and it was a godsend. It tied in the POS reports to the video, so on the client PC I could search for all the "voids", "no-sales", etc to look into "internal theft", and could quickly search for a item if I saw an out on the floor, say 20min ago I saw the X-box on the shelf, and now it's not there at close, I can search for "x-box" and see if it got sold in the last 20min, or see if I have to start reviewing video through the store to see where it went. Makes investigating for Loss Prevention so much easier. It only has a 1-3 minute lag time from the sale to database. Then, it automatically links the video and text on screen. So when something is scanned, it is synched to be scanned by the register scanner, and highlighted on the text bar.

My current company is upgrading to Intellex (I'm the last store without it), but not the POS integration

Good luck with your choice.

CCTV Supplies - thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware Intellex could do the item motion.

Pmartin - since it is retail, another function you could use to sell Intellex is the POS integration. I had this at Target and it was a godsend. It tied in the POS reports to the video, so on the client PC I could search for all the "voids", "no-sales", etc to look into "internal theft", and could quickly search for a item if I saw an out on the floor, say 20min ago I saw the X-box on the shelf, and now it's not there at close, I can search for "x-box" and see if it got sold in the last 20min, or see if I have to start reviewing video through the store to see where it went. Makes investigating for Loss Prevention so much easier. It only has a 1-3 minute lag time from the sale to database. Then, it automatically links the video and text on screen. So when something is scanned, it is synched to be scanned by the register scanner, and highlighted on the text bar.

My current company is upgrading to Intellex (I'm the last store without it), but not the POS integration

Good luck with your choice.

Funny you mention POS integration and type of "exception" reporting that you describe above... Do you know anything about IntelleView application that works flawlessly with Intellex Platform?

At the store I was at we had Loronix with tape drives. The POS integration worked with that.

Then we got an upgrade to "Target Digital Video", but I remember "Intellex" being the wording on the DVRs. Again, the POS integration worked.

Am I mistaken?

At the store I was at we had Loronix with tape drives. The POS integration worked with that.

Then we got an upgrade to "Target Digital Video", but I remember "Intellex" being the wording on the DVRs. Again, the POS integration worked.

Am I mistaken?

I remember seeing your setup, as we were Loronix local support group... but Target was not one of our customers...

If you have Intellex systems in place, all you will need is IntelleView software that operates with Intellex platform...

Here are some of the features of the IntelleView:

# Integrates IntelleView transaction monitoring and Intellex® DVMS into one box

# Monitors Point-of-Sale and other data-oriented systems

# Processes, analyzes, and saves transaction data with associated digital video

# Offers 3 surveillance methods:

1. Record exception transactions only

2. Record all transactions

3. Record continuously, including between-transaction activity

# Uses single-point interface to data network

# Archives suspicious transactions with video to integrated Case Management module

# Displays an intuitive, easy to use GUI

# Features extensive datamining capabilities

# Reports exception activity in real-time

# Sends real-time e-mail alerts of exception activity

# Provides off-site management and operation via Remote Client (over corporate network)

# Color-codes exceptions by category for easy identification

# Presents exception statistics in colorful graphics

# Copies video/data clips to CD-RW or DVD-RW

# Full (3) three years warranty on both Hardware & Software

Dependent which POS terminals you use, it may be required to write or rewrite a parser that interprets POS language to legible text, which then gets overlayed on the Intellex video.. later, you can view Real Time Transactions as they happen or find video based on 24 various queries that happened whatever duration that you set the software to retain.

Incidentally, we are the company that develops and distributes IntelleView software under license from American Dynamics. Also, we are the largest distributor in the West Coast carrying their products (as well as other manufacturers).

If you have any questions and need more info, please let me know via PM.

Thanks,