anchorjoe

Crestron System Experience

Has anyone out here had any experience with Systems from Crestron? I know their systems are setup to run more than just surveillance systems, and my concern is directly related to that part of the controls. I have a client that contacted me and this is what they are running (not sure on the model yet), and I thought I might inquire as to any red flags I should watch for in regards to these systems.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. thanks..

I cannot help you with Creston. I subcontract Crestron to a Company Called Tropical Video on Gus Hip Blvd in Rockledge Florida.

http://tropicalvideosystems.com/index2.htm

Earl, and Randy are the Owners

321 633-0873 Tell them Scorpion Audio, Video, and Security sent you.

Most time you can save money on programming the Crestrons because they have so many templates allready to go that it is so much quicker to go through them to "get it done".

RED FLAGS NONE!

You need to be a certified Crestron Programmer. See what you can do in your local area to "team" up with a company that will allow you to attend the once, or twice a month training class on Crestron Programming.

(For Others Reading this Post).

All it is for is to control multiple devices through RS 232. All of the devices to be controlled must have an RS 232 "jack" on the product.

If you "punch" movie on a controller then crestron products sequence the codes to get things done.

Step one: Turn on Projector/TV/Monitor, Amplifier/receiver, DVD Player, and related equipment. Turn down lights, and Close Curtains/blinds, and other related equipment.

Step two send codes to size Projector/TV/Monitor, set sound surround to movie setting on receiver/amp controller, set audio setting on DVD, Language, subtitle, and Pan and Scan, or Wide screen mode ect, and activate PLAY.

There other ways to contol devices on a smaller scale, or on a budget other than Crestron. Crestron is the way to go for whole house contol of every product, for alarm panels, HVAC, TV, Receivers, Whole House Audio, Sat Receivers / Cable boxes, etc.

You can control products with RS 232 with Xantech Products.

They have IR to RS 232, RS 232 to IR, closed contact to IR, and other protocal device controls.

You can program a computer to send out commands, and convert it to IR to control a rack of equipment.

Pronto, Universal Remote Control, and others have "smart" remotes that can learn IR control. You can take the DVR's remote control, and "teach" the smart remote control the commands of the DVR, and then let the smart remote control other devices, and the DVR. You can have the remote control do a series of macros. You can program a page of the remote control just for the DVR by itself. If you want to interact with the DVR, go to the DVR Page, and press buttons.