Alden IA

Camera Noisy when AC powered

I recently bought a JVC TK-C920U camera it is 24vac/12VDC. When powered via an Altronix ALTV2416300ULM power supply. When the camera is powered from the 24vac the image scrolls vertically and has bands of noise in the horizontal direction. When I plug it into a DC supply the picture is steady and clear. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? I really want to use the ac supply as I bought it to power several cameras.

Is that an older camera? Most cameras use DC-to-DC power supplies to convert from 24VAC. Many older ones have bad filter capacitors in those supplies; which could be causing your problems.

Brand new unit just recieved it yesterday and wired it up yesterday afternoon. After playing around a little this afternoon I would believe it to be be a bad filter circuit and maybe even a rectifier, I put a rectifier on the supply and it clened up some, but it was even better when I addded a filter Cap. I aslo called JVC and the tech there suggested that the camera was the problem. At first I figured I needed to jumper something or change a DIP. Thanks.