AnD

AVC760 network problem (login procedure failed)

Hello

I have an avtech AVC760 and it's ideal for me but latley I have a small problem. When I want to view the images on my computer with the video server software then I can't login. When I first had my dvr there were no problems but now I'm getting that more and more and if I then shutdown the dvr and let it start up then I can log in.

How can I fix this ?

I have an image added.

dvr.JPG.de5eb4cd266656ad99d39106b4bbaef0.JPG

Hello

I have an avtech AVC760 and it's ideal for me but latley I have a small problem. When I want to view the images on my computer with the video server software then I can't login. When I first had my dvr there were no problems but now I'm getting that more and more and if I then shutdown the dvr and let it start up then I can log in.

How can I fix this ?

I have an image added.

Sometimes it's your window or your hardware router/firewall.

Had this prob on one of my customer's dvrs on both his home and office.

Think we changed the port used, and it's ok. Till now still not too sure what happens. First time was he patched his norton internet security, and it happens. Then 2nd time it happens out of the blue. Have to restart the DVR, then it'll work... for a couple of mins, then it stop working.

Perhapes someone from AVTech would like to address this issues instead ?

Also, had anyone got the DDNS feature to work ?

Manage to get it to work on some batch of DVRs, especially the recent batch, but the same batch, some cannot work also.. till now still scratching my head. The last reply (check the forum previous thread) from AVTech's support was.... use the Router's DDNS feature.. haa..

But i was like... hey.. your brochure stated the DVR has DDNS feature, it's inside, but i can't get it to work .... And the email i got from him was a guide teaching me how to set up DDNS on my ROUTER ... WTF... answer=no answer. And what if the router has no DDNS feature ? I've quite a bit of customer with router that was given by the ISP w/o the DDNS feature, and they are NOT running any computer at the monitored site... the broadband's for this purpose only. Remote surveillance. And the norm now is that we recommend them to change the router.

But might not be feasible now, cause ISP throwing free digital voice (VOIP) services together with the broadband, and the ADSL modem supports the DIgital Voice. Changing the modem would mean the Digital Voice services would not be able to work.

Anyone got a solution to this ?

My AVC782 network login has worked well untouched for 5 months now, and I'm half way around the world from it. It's set up as DMZ on the local router.

I notice I'm using version 1.6.2, if that's at all significant.

Do you have any better luck accessing it with Internet Explorer?

Is the static IP on the DVR set outside the dynamic IP range of the local router? Is the netmask set correctly on the DVR to match the LAN?

Have you tried accessing from other local computers and turning off any software firewalls?

As for DDNS, I've never tried it on this unit.