aerosam

SCART output to BNC/phono on Time lapse VCR

Hi everyone,

I have Micromark twin camera system with it's own switching unit. It outputs to a scart plug which I have so far been using in a standard VCR. I can record 8 hours per day (E240 tape on long play). I have just bought a Vista Time-Lapse VCR to upgrade to 24 hour recording but it only has the following connections:

Video in - BNC

Video out - BNC

Audio in - Phono

Audio out - phono

It does not have a monitor out socket.

I bought a Scart to 2 BNC and 4 phono lead and although I can get the VCR to display on a tv, if i plug the scart into the cctv switcher, it records nothing. I can get a very faint and distorted image by plugging the "video out" plug on the lead to the "video in" socket on the vcr but it is barely visible.

Any ideas?

Is it possible to make your own break out cable?

I'm sorry I don't quite follow.

I had thought of stripping the scart connector off and connecting a BNC connector to the right wires, but is the scart to BNC cable I already have already doing just that?

The scart to bnc should give you the cable connection that you need. If you are having video problems then I do not know what the issue is.

I would only guess that you have one device using PAL, and another device using NTSC, and therefore you are having video problems.

Taking a SCART connector, and hooking up your own wires is not for the faint of heart. Good solder skills are also needed.

I wish I could give you the solution to your problem!