thebagelstore

need help with avtch 16 channel dvr

hi iam new ,

i really need help trying to figure out how the network , cd functions and backup in the menu are not there after trying to install a higher capcaity hard drive in the dvr

i put the drive that came with it back now i cant acess the cd writer or the network or back up ???

iam stumped

and avtech offers no support and the person i bought it from is no where to be found

any help would be so greatly appreciated

thank you in advance[/u]

Which DVR do you have?

http://www.avtech.com.tw/english/product_13.htm

Do you remember the new hard drive information? In other words: was it a random hard drive from a used computer, or did you match the information from the manual, and did you buy the hard drive new?

How did you get the DVR? Did you buy it off of EBAY, garage sale, or did you buy it new?

If you bought it new: Where, and when did you buy it? In other words: Is it still under warranty? If it is out of warranty, perhaps I can contact their tech support, to "get to the bottom of your troubles".

You should not be having the problems that you are having.

I would say: can you hear the sounds that a hard drive makes? I know this is silly, but perhaps there is a power supply problem, and this explains why both hard drives are giving you problems! This could be the wall adapter problem, or it could be on the internal power supply.

It is possible that your electric company had a flicker, and a flash moment, but this is usually cured when you unplug, and replug the DVR.

I know alot of what I am asking is ridiculus, but then I am not looking at your machine in front of me, and I need you to make these observations for me!

There is no "information" on your hard drive. There is no past video. This is probably why you can not use the CD burner as it cannot find any video.

It is possible that your DVR is set for motion detection. It also may be that the motion detection field is not set correctly. In other words when you go in to the setup screen if it is all pink then the camera is motion detection blind. If the screen is clear, and you can see the squares "highlight" as it detects motion then it is set correctly.

For you other readers who are reading this post, you can find the detection setup here in this post.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=10207

As for the internet remote. Do you mean that you cannot get to the DVR from the internet at all? Do you mean that you can see your menu, but you cannot pull up past history?

What does the screen say when you press the PLAY button?

Thanks

Quote from the Bagel Store

Hi! What happened was I bought this machine from next door neighbor who was quote unquote in the "security business". Well that went sour fast. He brought the dvr over new in the box, and basically he just pluged it in, and left. At that time all the functions were acessible I have experience in the computer field so with a manual I can get around. ie- cd writer , backup , network in the advanced portion of the menu tree were all there, and working he had told originaly it was supposed to be 500gb. I opened it when he left. Also at this point in time he had done nothing to configure it what so ever for lan access, or anything else. I saw the hard drive was a seagate 160gb. The next day I bought a brand new seagate 500gb from circuit city popped it in the hard drive, it works, but the (cd writer ,network and backup) function were missing from the menu tree, and of course not accessible. I took it out, and I put the original one back in, and still have no backup cd writer or network functions. I have not seen my neighbor, nor does he answer his phone, so I basically wrote him off. I am stuck with this problem, and I dont know where he bought it from. I am guessing a supplier of sorts, and avtech in itself does not have much of a support system either. I also tried the reset factory settings in the menu a few times, and still nothing. I appreciate all your help.

Here is a hard RESET. It is in pdf format. It has pictures to walk you through. I resolve all responcibilty for the work that you do. Please be careful! If you do not know what you are doing then hire professional help!

http://www.viakom.cz/stahuj/dvr/CPCAM/Manualy_CZ-ENG/CPD505-7_hw_reset.pdf

Here is a firmware download if all else fails. If your USB does not work then this will be fun.

http://www.viakom.cz/stahuj/dvr/CPCAM/Firmware_DVR/CZ upgrade/

You will have to cut, and paste the link in to your browser.

Select OSD.exe

I wouldn't panic. I'll bet it'll work fine after a hard reset and a compatible drive is installed from the list in the manual.