metafizx

207w's dropping connection, must reboot

Hi,

I've just joined after googling similar issues as you. I'm not sure if its ok to post my question here or in a seperate post, please let me know if this is ok. Also this will be a long post, so please bare with me.

This is the first time that I have set up IP Cameras for someone, and we told our clients that aswell. Welll basically our client has a total of 6 207W ip cameras and orinally a draytek 2800g router. With this the cameras would randomly disconnect and they would reconnect after restart the cameras.

The things that I 've tried to fix the issues, is update firmware, disable upnp, reduce camera resolution and fps, setup static ip address, change wireless channels. Nothing fixed the problem.

After that we tried a different router, this time a Netgear DGFV338 ProSafe router. this came with its own problem, streaming caused the broadband to go down. In the end the firewall was the cause, it would fall over as soon as you stream over the internet. According to Netgear no fix at this time.

Finally switched back to a Draytek 2820N router (draytek were requested by cleint), back to the original problem of not staying connected.

There are other access points in the area, but all are on a different channel, and the only other thing I can think of is that they have wireless phones.

One final note, our client has 2 other sites with the same ip cameras (only 2/3 cameras at other sites) and draytek 2800g router, and also wireless phones, but not sure if they are the same brand/model as others.

Sorry about the long post again, hope someone can help.

Aftab

hi affie,

you might want to post this separately.

but as it pertains to the problem I am having with the 207w, it might be the same.

Initially I did have some interference that I tracked down using WiSpy analyzer and got rid of it. However, it was not the cause of the cameras disconnecting. That particular problem seems to be a firmware issue with the camera, and I am trying to get Axis to fix this.

Thanks, I'll try it in a seperate post, and also keep and eye on this one, if I find anything relevant, then I'll post it here.