topspin

Geovision Gv-800 vs Avermedia NV5000

I'm new to video security. I have a client that wants a system and I was looking at these 2 boards. I just called a camera system distributor and he told me to go with the Avermedia because it can be expanded and because it has tv-out.

Any opinions on these 2 cards? Will they both have the same video quality and speed (for viewing and recording)?

Thank you.

Reliablity is about the same, I think Avermedia is more user friendly. Geovision has more features, Avermedia has IP cam and MP support.

Thank you for the reply. Which feature should Geovision have over Avermedia? I'd like to know if these features are ones that I would use.

In my opinion, Geo has a little better image quality and the software is more robust but both are good. Geo will have IP support in the near future (If they still want a share of the market anyways), but Avermedia already supports it. Both are easy to use.

I have used both products and found AVer's software to be much easy to use from the end-user point of view and you can even use touch screen monitor. AVer has most of the feature that Geo has and they actually work (In past I have seen Geo would release a new feature Pre-maturely which I am not sure if that is still the case) Far as the video quality; I found AVer's New Express DVR (NV6240exp and NV6480EXP) has little better quality and on NV3000 & NV5000 quality is about the same. Again, this is just my opinion based on my observation and the feedback from my clients.