tranductruong

Newbie needs help with Protocol for System Controller

Hi all, I am newbie in this industry, security system. In fact, there was one person asking me for Protocol of Panasonic System Controller (PTZ): WV-CU161C so that he can integrate this System Controller with others.

However, I don't know how to check the Protocol for this WV-CU161C. Does anyone know?

The WV-CU161 controller is intended for "up the coax" or RS-485 communication for a single camera. Full duplex (4 wire) or Half duplex (2 wire) is available along with various baud rates to control their CS-854 or 954 cameras. If you are looking to control multiple Panasonic cameras, then you'll have to go for the WV-CU360 controller.

Panasonic uses a proprietary protocol, therefore it will be challenging or impossible to integrate other manufacturers equipment........however,

They don't tell you this, but their CS-854 cameras can (through dip switches) be set to work with Pelco and AD (Manchester) protocol making it easier to integrate with controllers other than the Panasonic WV-CU161.

Hi all, I am newbie in this industry, security system. In fact, there was one person asking me for Protocol of Panasonic System Controller (PTZ): WV-CU161C so that he can integrate this System Controller with others.

However, I don't know how to check the Protocol for this WV-CU161C. Does anyone know?

What "other" equipment do you want to integrate this controller with?